Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Tips on getting through to BA on the phone

• davet 107 posts

We have flights booked for next monday that we cannot fly on and have been trying to get through to BA on the phone since February, albeit it just going on hold for an hour every couple of days when we are free but then 100% of the times you just get cut off rather than anyone answers

are there different numbers we should be trying or set times of the day?

Jacob 223 posts

Try calling on the dot of opening times. Also worth trying their international numbers (note they open different times).

AJA 1,061 posts

I assume you’re after a full refund? If not you can apply for a FTV online.

If you do need to call, as jacob says, try one of the international numbers via Skype – the Israel number is useful as it also operates on Sundays which is a normal working day there.

ChrisC 956 posts

Why are you calling and not just taking a voucher on line if you can’t fly?.

davet 107 posts

the flight was cancelled and we were automatically put on a flight later that day, online it says we cannot manage this booking online and must call up since this event

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

I’ve long given up trying to contact BA about these issues. It may not be practicable for you but the best way of getting help is to go to the airport and find a BA human to speak to. Had to do this last week at MAN and BOS.

SamG 1,639 posts

Got through to the US number in 10 mins last night – Singapore is another good one if you get up and call before 8am

Derpdev 9 posts

I’ve been having trouble getting through too however today called via the exec club number and found that when pressing options for changing a flight I didn’t press for any option when requesting whether I paid in cash or avios and got through to someone… that’s after days of trying having been pressing the option for “paid with avios”.

Does make me wonder whether they’re dropping avios related calls for cash ones however…

Hope that helps anyone trying to get through!

davet 107 posts

The pointless message of prioritising customers that are flying in the next week but then not actually enforcing it is grating me today

Sat on hold on the US number for an hour but it just cut us off the same and cost a fair bit so wont be doing that again

davet 107 posts

I’ve been having trouble getting through too however today called via the exec club number and found that when pressing options for changing a flight I didn’t press for any option when requesting whether I paid in cash or avios and got through to someone… that’s after days of trying having been pressing the option for “paid with avios”.

Does make me wonder whether they’re dropping avios related calls for cash ones however…

Tried that this morning, we got through to someone within 10 minutes, explained the flight was cancelled and rebooked on one we cannot fly on in 4 days time but my wife would be over the pregnant limit to fly back on the new flights, he said he cant deal with avios bookings but he would put is right through, he put us back on hold and cut us off after 52 minutes, they are definitely dropping avios for cash

davet 107 posts

The lines are saying they now open at 8am this morning instead of 7am :/

PeteM 715 posts

Sat on hold on the US number for an hour but it just cut us off the same and cost a fair bit so wont be doing that again

Use the US freephone number via Skype next time!

SamG 1,639 posts

Tried that this morning, we got through to someone within 10 minutes, explained the flight was cancelled and rebooked on one we cannot fly on in 4 days time but my wife would be over the pregnant limit to fly back on the new flights, he said he cant deal with avios bookings but he would put is right through, he put us back on hold and cut us off after 52 minutes, they are definitely dropping avios for cash

It’s just different teams I believe so not a short term decision

If you want to call early in the morning then call India or Singapore via Skype – I always get through pretty quickly if I call before 8am

NickinFrance 10 posts

Only thing I have tried is phoning on the dot of opening time. But with all the chaos from IT failures still being sorted out, even this probably doesn’ work out.

I’m a member of Easyjet “Flight Club” (their version of a frequent flyer club) and their customer service is absolutely brilliant compared with BA. F**ing EASYJET !!! Easy to get through and the answer is yes to everything !!!

BA really need to get their act together. If they don’t actually any service, what do they offer ?

davet 107 posts

got through on skype to singapore in the end – thanks

NorthernLass 7,462 posts

Has anyone had to call avios.com recently? I need to cancel my PRG flights in the next few days and they were booked with the last LLoyds voucher many moons ago! I realise the voucher is a goner but I’d quite like the avios back if possible.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.