Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards Top up Che with Bendy fronted with the new N’hampton

• can 506 posts

I’ve managed to top up che for a few hundred with Bendy fronted with the N’hampton plus card. Now I need to put a bit more on Che, but it was declined . Oddly I’ve got a message from N’hampton that says “We’ve stopped an activity that would’ve taken you over your cash limit”

Does Bendy treat Che topups as a cash withdrawal from a credit card?

Comrade Chag 79 posts

So you used your Barclaycard Avios Plus card to top up Revolut via Curved with the fronted option on.

Congratulations on your cash advance fee!

can 506 posts

Beers on me!

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

There’s a whole other thread about not discussing this, but why would bother making this a bendy transaction and complicating things unnecessarily?!

Aston100 1,383 posts

2.99% fee should hit your card in a day or two.

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Fee from bendy or from BC?

Aston100 1,383 posts

Fee from bendy or from BC?

Barclaycard

NorthernLass 7,569 posts

Still never had this.

Aston100 1,383 posts

Still never had this.

Might be because the Avios card was setup differently from the HH card due to whatever info Rob gave them about MS when he apparently worked with them on this new card.
    Just guessing.

EDIT: took 2 days for the cash advance fee to appear on my app.
    So if you’ve ‘done it’ today or at the weekend, you might want to check the app again in a day or two.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    TGLoyalty 533 posts

What’s the point in using bendy? Just like the complication?

Bendy passes on the MCC and Revolut accept credit cards directly. Maybe you can use it to GBIT to another no fee charging card (no idea if Barclaycard will refund any fees)

Mick S 271 posts

if you want the fee refunding then do the following
    1) GBIT within Curve app to a debit card in your curve wallet.
    2) The refund will reflect on Barclaycard within a day or two, and the funds obviously taken from your current account.
    3) Wait for the Barclaycard statement to generate, call them, explain you made a mistake and had the transaction reversed – they will refund the fees.
    4) try a different underlying credit and hope it doesnt get fees.

I did this a while ago, worked fine to get almost £75 in fees refunded.

points_worrier 295 posts

Any mastercard to top up revolut will result in fees. You may well get away with it if it is Visa. Even from N’hampton.

SteveJ 979 posts

Any mastercard to top up revolut will result in fees. You may well get away with it if it is Visa. Even from N’hampton.

Interest fees yes, cash advance fees not always, depends on the card issuer.

Youllnever 182 posts

I believe all card issuers now charge cash advance fees.

SteveJ 979 posts

YMMV but there are still some gems out there, though possibly not open to new applicants.

points_worrier 295 posts

Negative. All Mastercards yes. Most visas no.

SteveJ 979 posts

Negative on all MasterCards too. Definitely worth trial and error with any Mastercards already in your wallet.

points_worrier 295 posts

Negative on all MasterCards too. Definitely worth trial and error with any Mastercards already in your wallet.

Ah you misunderstand: negative on being charged. Mastercards should not work (for free). MC changed their handling of MCC codes to ensure this on a MC-wide level. Unless the card issuer deliberately ignores this. Visas should work, unless the card issuer has taken specific action.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    QFFlyer 156 posts

If you’re referring to some recently withdrawn Mastercards, you’ll be sadly disappointed soon due to a recent change to T&Cs.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.