Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Other payment cards TopCashBack frequently fails to track – what am I doing wrong?

• jj 516 posts

Is it just me, or does TopCashBack frequently fail to track? It used to be rock solid for me, but in the past few months I’ve had repeated failures. Currently I have 4x outstanding claims for ALL (Accor Hotels) and one each for Avis and Heathrow Airport Parking, with a total value >£200. Other transactions with all of these vendors have successfully tracked for me.

Unlike some here, I never have issues with the BA Shopping Portal. I always start a new browser session, never visit the same retailer more than once in a day (I know that causes issues with TCB) and don’t have any browser plugins or security software on my laptop beyond a standard installation. If it makes a difference, I usually use Firefox on Linux.

Has anyone else discerned a pattern to these issues?

BA Flyer IHG Stayer 2,048 posts

I do the searched first on one browser ( i use firefox as my default) and without logging in to the retailors account to get prices etc

I then switch to another browser – edge – (not tab) and log into the website, then click throught to the retailer then log in and then do the search to select what I want.

In the past I’ve found doing multiple searches to get options just causes problems.

PeteM 714 posts

Also make sure you allow all cookies on the website you are visiting?

As well as from TCSHBCK obviously.

bungalow 178 posts

I do the searched first on one browser ( i use firefox as my default) and without logging in to the retailors account to get prices etc

I then switch to another browser – edge – (not tab) and log into the website, then click throught to the retailer then log in and then do the search to select what I want.

In the past I’ve found doing multiple searches to get options just causes problems.

^^ This ^^. Have been doing exactly the same for years 👍

SteveJ 977 posts

Definitely no adblocker installed? Had issues with tracking when adblocker was switched on.

Wonder if your Safari browser is set to “do not track”?

davefl 1,217 posts

You’re probably doing nothing wrong, both TCB and QC often fail to track and have been that way since their inception. I’ve had £1000s back over the years but equally hundreds of pounds refused. It’s all down to the affiliate network reporting back to the cashback site and I feel that some of them are unscrupulous but there is no regulation or comeback. Hotel cashbacks in particular take months/years/never pay out. Been waiting for a confirmed Hotels.com payout since April

Sometimes it’s the CB site themselves that’s at fault. The xmas shopping promotion at QC this week, when you clicked through to ocado it came right back to QC so that’s their fault and I look forward to them declining my claim for £10 + 4%.

I will praise Perks at Work though, I’ve had 3 claims on that for untracked transactions since Jan when I got access to it. They confirmed and paid all 3 of them within =2 hours= of me loggging a ticket. Awesome service.

rio 25 posts

I had this problem on Chrome, probably due to the adblocker etc plugins I had installed. Switched to clean Edge for TCB and its much better

John 1,000 posts

In Firefox I have found that you need to disable Enhanced Tracking Protection for every site that is involved in the chain from tcb onwards. For me, everything has always tracked successfully since I did that, although that doesn’t mean it will pay out in the end – so always treat it as a bonus, i.e. truly free money

sloth 315 posts

I will praise Perks at Work though, I’ve had 3 claims on that for untracked transactions since Jan when I got access to it. They confirmed and paid all 3 of them within =2 hours= of me loggging a ticket. Awesome service.

Agree with this.PAW cust service is very good. Have always sorted out missing cash back extremely promptly

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.