Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes TPE-Taoyuan Intl. Terminal 1

• DownUnderDonkey 3 posts

Hi there,

I am travelling with young children to Australia from London and will have a stopover of 5/6 hours in TPE-Taoyuan Intl. Terminal 1, will be tiring with the children etc, is there a lounge or similar I could get for a few hours with the children or even a hotel room for a few hours, I heard there is a nice hotel in Singapore airport with a pool, anything like that in TPE-Taoyuan Intl. Terminal 1?

Sadly just flying economy with China Airlines, any hints or help much appreciated!

Thanks,

Barry

Argoat 2 posts

There’s the Plaza Premium lounges available. Airside everything is connected so you can visit either T1 or T2 lounge.

DownUnderDonkey 3 posts

Thanks so much, its 1500 TWD which is about £40 so for a family of 5 its £200, is there a cheaper way to do it?

meta 1,441 posts

If you have Amex Platinum or Priority Pass it’s included.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

If you have Amex Platinum or Priority Pass it’s included.

Well, kind of. You’d have to pay for the 5th passenger regardless.

The Daily Telegraph have a deal with Dragon Pass (google Daily Telegraph Dragonpass) that takes access down to £24 pp, but I can’t see if there’s a time limit on the lounges in Taipei. It also offers the Oriental Club in addition to Plaza Premium.

I’d be tempted to post the offer code here but the forum’s self-appointed mayor would be round to rip me a new one by lunchtime. However it looks like signing up to a free trial for the Telegraph online will unlock the code.

zapato1060 639 posts

Search myregus amd dragon pass as you can buy each one for £24. but if I were you I would be inclined to sign up to Plat just for the PP. Cancel when you return.

Dubious 33 posts

If you are prepared to go through immigration, it might be better to stay in a landside hotel:
    There seem to be some promotions for China Airlines passengers:
    https://www.novoteltaipeiairport.com/news-detail/290/

masaccio 723 posts

If you are prepared to go through immigration, it might be better to stay in a landside hotel:
    There seem to be some promotions for China Airlines passengers:
    https://www.novoteltaipeiairport.com/news-detail/290/

Allow an hour for immigration. A couple of weeks back it took me 5 mins, but I have waited the best part of an hour.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.