Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Transfer Avios to Iberia

• ohanssen 31 posts

I have never used my avios on anything but BA, but wanted to give using them on Iberia a shot. However, my attempts to transfer over have proven futile, with the BA page giving me an error that “Combine my Avios is not available at the moment. Please try again later”, although it asked for my IberiaPlus ‘PIN’, which is what their password was years ago, while on Iberia’s site, when finding the place to do it from that side, it says “Sorry, you currently don’t meet the terms and conditions to combine Avios.” before I can even put in my Executive Club number.
    Anyone run into this sort of issue before? I have reached out to Iberia but haven’t heard back yet.

NorthernLass 7,592 posts

Have you tried doing it from the Iberia account?

j22262 18 posts

Do you have any Avios in your Iberia Plus account? You will need to have an account that is open for 90 days and has at least 1 Avios in it to be able to combine.

See the HfP link:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2024/02/01/how-does-combine-my-avios-work-moving-avios-points-from-iberia-to-british-airways-3/

I was able to put some Avios in using a new Avios for Thoughts account to link to Iberia Plus and do the welcome survey and it deposited 100 Avios in there. Now I just need to wait 89 days or so to use it.

Skywalker 700 posts

I have been having the same issue.

Apparently, if you have a 9 digit Iberia account number, it is a problem (learned this on another thread)

ohanssen 31 posts

This was possibly a reason behind Iberia’s page not working (not the existance of the account, as I have had it longer than being part of the Executive Club), but the BA side not working either was strange. I did try the Avios for thoughts program, and now have some Iberia Avios, but it still gave me the same error. The BA page gave some details which are that my details have to be the same across both accounts, and it does seem that BA doesnt have my middle name on the account, but that seems like a non-essential detail to prevent this from working.
    I’ve made a request to add it to BA, and will see if that makes a difference, but will come too late for the 50% avios booking out of spain with Iberia that ends today.

masaccio 723 posts

Also right now, at least for me, login is totally borked. Fails to login. Fails to reset password.

I think the IT people who were too crap for BA got jobs on Iberia.com.

Skywalker 700 posts

How can an IT person be too crap for BA?

I thought that being crap at IT was a prerequisite skill 😀

John 1,000 posts

Try making a new IB account if there’s nothing to keep from the old account.

Name, address, email and phone number all need to match exactly (I recall some issue with Spanish second surnames but most of us don’t have them :p)

tootsci 43 posts

Do you have any Avios in your Iberia Plus account? You will need to have an account that is open for 90 days and has at least 1 Avios in it to be able to combine.

See the HfP link:

https://www.headforpoints.com/2024/02/01/how-does-combine-my-avios-work-moving-avios-points-from-iberia-to-british-airways-3/

I was able to put some Avios in using a new Avios for Thoughts account to link to Iberia Plus and do the welcome survey and it deposited 100 Avios in there. Now I just need to wait 89 days or so to use it.

Does anyone know if the 90 day clock starts from when you open the account or from when the first Avios is credited to it? I didn’t manage to get any Avios in until about 3 weeks after I opened mine

j22262 18 posts

Does anyone know if the 90 day clock starts from when you open the account or from when the first Avios is credited to it? I didn’t manage to get any Avios in until about 3 weeks after I opened mine

It reads to me that the key bit is when the account is opened is when the clock starts but I don’t know for sure!

ChrisBCN 237 posts

when the first Avios is credited to it

Clock starts from then.

tootsci 43 posts

when the first Avios is credited to it

Clock starts from then.

Thanks @ChrisBCN I thought it might be but hoped it wasn’t!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.