Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Transferring points Avios to Nectar – timing?

• pinchy84 4 posts

Afternoon all,

Is anyone else having issues with the above? I transferred 40k of points on the 20th November and it SHOULD take 10 working days. Well past that now, today is day 16.

I’ve tried contacting BA and they confirm the avios have gone and said it’s taking longer and an email would be sent out – this was the beginning of last week. Nothing. Phone again and they sent me to nectar who sent me back to ba (after giving me 2 incorrect contact numbers).

Tried BA for the third time and they’ve raised a request – which could take another 7 working days….

Anyone else having an issue or have done before?

Really want this resolved!

Cheers in advance

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    lavar56 7 posts

Purely as a datapoint mine took 11 working days, 14 days in all to arrive.

GiddyKipper 9 posts

I made a transfer request for 50,000 Avios into Nectar on 20 November.

After failing to post within the 10 days, I subsequently contact Nectar, BA live chat and eventually raising a complaint via Exec Club.

All told, my Nectar points posted 21 days after making initial request.

Shambolic customer service is an understatement. My concern is that no-one seems to want to accept any responsibility to sort this issue out and customers just get the run around.

pinchy84 4 posts

Mine have just arrived this morning, totally agree with the shambolic nature of it! Felt like I was being passed from pillar to post with seemingly no information. 17 working days, 24 in total. Thanks for responses

Sealink 8 posts

Just transferred Avios to Nectar point and the “10 working days” message has now been replaced with “Please note that you will see Avios debited from your British Airways Executive Club account, and you will see the Nectar points credited to your account 12 days later.”. Like others, the last transfer took well over 10 working days, so not sure when I’ll see them.

Really don’t understand this delay as I had to enter my date of birth and click an email from BA to activate the transfer.

chris_se26 6 posts

Is it just me, or is it very hard to find the page for Avios > Nectar transfers?

And I’ve checked BA website, BA App and Nectar App.

Crafty 150 posts

I’m honestly just in shock this is “live” once more in the Nectar app. But let’s see how long my transfer actually takes…

AJA 1,070 posts

@chris_se26

If you’ve already linked your Nectar and BAEC accounts go to the spend tab in the Nectar app. Search for BA. It opens a new page and allows you to select which direction you want ie Nectar to Avios or Avios to Nectar. Minimum transfer is 400NP for 250Avios.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.