Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Alternatives to Uber, Addison Lee or Bolt in London?

• SteveJ 979 posts

Anyone have recommendations/referrals for an alternative? Got a few trips this weekend so a nice sign up discount would go down very well!

• This topic was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    ben1 21 posts

Try free now! Here’s my referral code which will get you £4 off your next ride. It also has a loyalty scheme and I seem to get weekly 30-40% off ride vouchers applied to my account

Referral code: a3zmtnjv7

harley 109 posts

I have free now 50pc offer on my amex so likely you may so would be a good double up

Waddle 5 posts

Amex often have offers for Wheely which I have used on many occasions and have had good service as far out as Windsor. Use my code E9AZH for 20% your first ride.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Free Now and Gett have been adding stupid peak surcharges, which they pocket.

Taxi App is a more basic competitor, owned co-operatively by drivers and has no surcharges.

Economist_Nearby 18 posts

Taxi App is a more basic competitor, owned co-operatively by drivers and has no surcharges.

Thanks for this, I’ve downloaded the app and will try it today. Not happy with Gett’s surcharges.

Ibblybibbly 31 posts

I use Ola most of the time, it’s the same as Uber but normally a bit cheaper. Also great from Heathrow.

Use this code and you get £5 off – B9HX3DU

Have a great weekend.

Economist_Nearby 18 posts

Thanks for this, I’ve downloaded the app and will try it today. Not happy with Gett’s surcharges.

I used Taxi App twice yesterday – it’s very good. The drivers seem more responsive to the app, and it worked well for a pre-booked can and a hail off the street.

ringingup 179 posts

There is also Sherbet ride. Electric black cabs. Fixed price.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

Remember that a lot of Amex cards, including supps, have a FREE NOW 50% rebate (max £10) cashback deal. For a decent ride you’d still be quids in even with any surcharges added. Only once per card though.

Gett has a 20% cashback deal, valid multiple times, on various Amex cards to the end of March but you need to be careful no dodgy extras are being added to the meter rate.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.