Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Upper Antelope Canyon – guided tour

• dahokolomoki 103 posts

I’m struggling to find any guided tours for my visit to Arizona. Plenty of tours for the Lower Antelope Canyon. But the Upper Canyon, either super expensive or unavailable.

Does anyone have a tour guide or operator they recommend that they used?

Reney 763 posts

I think there are only a few companies licensed to give tours so if none of their offerings work for you then afraid no other option.

We used the Adventurous Antelope Canyon Tours, they were the most expensive one, and only one with availabilities at prime time when I booked.
    I paid the extra for the prime time and rattlesnake canyon tour. We were unlikely to go again so might as well. No regrets. My mum loved it the best of our whole Utah/yellowstone trip. I understand from the tour guide that depending on time of year, the non prime time one saw a lot less as it can get quite dark there.

Mum preferred the rattlesnake canyon to the upper. We did not do the lower.

Travel Strong 258 posts

Ken’s tours (for the lower canyon) were truly excellent, and very convenient. They are the ‘right hand side’ of the 2 options when you pull in to lower antelope canyon parking lot. You can just turn up and wait for the next available slot… we did not have to wait long.

I would only bother with the Upper canyon if you are a professional photographer desperate for the light tube shots offered in that canyon. Upper = smaller, travel by truck, pay more, but has some specific photo ops. Lower = more expansive, less expensive, walk down there, and much more variety of photo ops.

I would steer clear of online offerings via general tour companies / I.e. not direct with the few tribe companies established at the entrance to each canyon.
    If you book with anyone else, they are generally contracting a slot from those tribe companies anyway – and you are just paying more.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.