Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards URGENT – Crazy prices live at IHG again this morning!

• BJ 657 posts

URGENT – Crazy prices live at IHG again this morning! Not quite as good as last time but still rich pickings.

Andrew J 769 posts

THANK YOU!!! 3x 20k nights in New York booked.

SRF. 43 posts

Just booked myself 3 nights at IC Champs-Elysees for final days of Tour de France.

Would have gone for the Le Grand but the Sunday night (final day of race) is 100k points.

Is it worth staying Le Grand for 2 nights and then swapping to Champs for final night? Equally could do all 3 nights at Kimpton for 45kpn?

dougzz99 626 posts

Cheers BJ nice one.

Jimbob 29 posts

Thanks, rebooked by NYC hotel and now 160k points better off.

Aston100 1,382 posts

Hi BJ, do you have any example date ranges and locations (Other than NYC as mentioned by others above)?
    I ask because I’m not seeing anything different for SE Asia in UK school holidays next year.

Thanks.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Got The George at 40k again but even better – 5 nights at the Holiday Inn Key Largo for 20k pn over New Year when cash prices are nearly £500 pn! I had to buy points for the 2nd room as our stashes were decimated in the last bonanza but the current 75% bonus 100k points were £483 which is the cost of one night.

Benilyn 150 posts

Are they gone?

pauline 43 posts

Can you book a room on points for someone else?

Andrew J 769 posts

Let’s hope these random flash sales continue

stevenhp1987 330 posts

Excellent, just replaced a pricy cash motel booking in Cape Cod this weekend for 20k points a night in a HI. They’re going for $358 cash a night.

Thanks!

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

Thanks BJ! Saved 40k points on an existing booking.

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Desktop IT going glitchy again – can still book in app atm. This happened last time!

HIE Edinburgh Royal Mile down to 20k pn when cash prices are over £300!

Sprout 31 posts

Can you book a room on points for someone else?

Yep, I’ve done it several times. You can ring up afterwards and tell them the name of the person (although I’m not sure they are that bothered)

Sprout 31 posts

Hi BJ, do you have any example date ranges and locations (Other than NYC as mentioned by others above)?
    I ask because I’m not seeing anything different for SE Asia in UK school holidays next year.

Thanks.

Agreed. The stays I have next year in Vietnam are either the same or more expensive.

FFoxSake 217 posts

can still book in app atm

Agreed. App still OK, website erroring out.

Crafty 150 posts

Thanks so much, I’ve booked 4 nights at the InterContinental in Rome for 160k points and will take my wife for her birthday. Same dates showing as 600+ EUR per night.

BJ 657 posts

Good to see some getting the benefit, especially if you missed out last time.

@Aston, Benilym, Sprout and others – reductions are neithe consistent nor as universal as last time as others have pointed out so do look around. I saw some in Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid and Hong Kong, all of which I wanted, booked last time and adjusted today. In my dates Indigo Barcelona was about €1000-1500 or 120k points per night and I got it for 30k. HI HK was most expensive HK option at about 65k per night on my dates, last time I got it for 20k. Today it is reduced to 40k+ so IC or Indigo are better options. Take care with Asia, prices in some places there were more competitive and have now gone up in many cases under this deal or glitch.

NB, buying points us currently only 75-80% bonus at tge moment I think so cash plus points should be a better deal, and no worries about bonus points posting.

Lyn 189 posts

Merci mille fois @BJ. Very grateful.

6 IC nights altogether booked at 40K. Less points than the CP and others. Very useful now that IHG points have become that bit harder to earn and in the days of dynamic award pricing. A silver lining to yesterday evening’s storm which knocked out the internet while I was trying to book them at their normal rates. I was able to book some this morning right after I saw your post, then the IHG system became possible and I had to call IHG Ambassador to book the rest.

dst87 263 posts

Speculatively booked two nights over hogmanay at IC Edinburgh. Not bad, though I worry that a basic room (or even one up from a basic room) will be pretty grim at that hotel. We’ll see!

NorthernLass 7,472 posts

Speculatively booked two nights over hogmanay at IC Edinburgh. Not bad, though I worry that a basic room (or even one up from a basic room) will be pretty grim at that hotel. We’ll see!

Check your e-upgrade offers – I booked a “cosy” room for early May bank holiday and got an offer to upgrade to a junior suite for £54 pn!

dst87 263 posts

Check your e-upgrade offers – I booked a “cosy” room for early May bank holiday and got an offer to upgrade to a junior suite for £54 pn!

Oh, interesting. I’ll keep an eye on that. I didn’t realise there were e-upgrade offers for redemption bookings. Good tip!

BuildBackBetter 705 posts

IHG seems to have their own version of ‘married segment’ restrictions.
    Searched for an award night for Sunday, nothing available. Searched for Sunday and Monday- 2 rooms available!

ChrisC 956 posts

IHG seems to have their own version of ‘married segment’ restrictions.
    Searched for an award night for Sunday, nothing available. Searched for Sunday and Monday- 2 rooms available!

Very much hotel and date dependent rather than a consistent policy.

Richard Peters 171 posts

IC willard Washington 50,000 pts per night for 5 in Feby #thanks for the heads up

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.