Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards URGENT – Crazy prices live at IHG again this morning!

• Blair Waldorf Salad 1,093 posts

IC willard Washington 50,000 pts per night for 5 in Feby #thanks for the heads up

You will love it Richard. One of my top ICs ever. The breakfast is ruiniously expensive – be warned if not Diamond.

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

Got the Willard booked for 3 nights in December at the start of our Xmas/NY trip – can’t wait! Saved a chunk of points on the award night during the last IHG wobble.

Swifty 38 posts

thanks @BJ and also for the IAD tip, was looking at orlando and a quick connector but that was only bus flights for my dates!

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

You could easily connect from any major US city, e.g. NYC, BOS, PHL as well. Look for award flights if you’re avios rich, though cash prices are usually quite reasonable as it’s such a busy hub. AA often release extra availability 1 – 2 months out (or Americans start cancelling their speculative bookings!)

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,093 posts

Got the Willard booked for 3 nights in December at the start of our Xmas/NY trip – can’t wait! Saved a chunk of points on the award night during the last IHG wobble.

Anna I had posted to IHG forum about a week ago re Willard in response to you. Can’t recall if any useful tips in there but re-reply there if you have anything to ask. I arrived there having landed at DCA so it all felt very chilled and the taxi took mere minutes.

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

I saw that, thanks! It looks like it’ll be a very nice start indeed to our Xmas trip 😁

Supergers49 225 posts

Stayed at the Willard a few years ago using the Ambassador Free Night voucher. They took the voucher and forgot to bill the night. It was a wonderful hotel, and would’ve been even if we had paid for the first night.

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

Not all hotels do it but most of my IC bookings of late have shown them. You can also sometimes see them by going into your confirmation email and clicking on “more reservation details”. They’re not guaranteed but I usually find if you contact the hotel after selecting the upgrade option you want they will confirm it for you. I aslo got a cracking one in BOS in March – from a standard redemption room to a colossal 1 bedroom suite for $160 pn.

Oops – this has just appeared out of moderation re e-upgrades! I wonder what the naughty word was?

King of Sutton 14 posts

Just been reading the topics and posts in this IHG Forum. Noticed there were a few comments regarding E-Upgrade offers for redemption bookings. How do you see these offers? I’ve looked on the app + website at my bookings and can’t see anything.

Carlos 758 posts

Any good offers to be had yesterday in the ME region?

Paul B 224 posts

Gone now, but when (will) it back next is the question…

Andrew J 769 posts

Just been reading the topics and posts in this IHG Forum. Noticed there were a few comments regarding E-Upgrade offers for redemption bookings. How do you see these offers? I’ve looked on the app + website at my bookings and can’t see anything.

I’m always wondering the same – Anna seems to be the only one who can see these!

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

Gone now, but when (will) it back next is the question…

Hopefully soon as availability for next August is starting to be released now and cash prices around BOS/NYC are off the scale!

@King of Sutton – of late these have just been on IC bookings but in the past they have appeared on pretty much all IHG brands, even HI I think somebody once posted! If you can’t see one now keeping checking your reservations every time you log in. Also see my post above re emails.
    I’ve only ever seen one once on the app, they normally appear on my laptop.

@Andrew
    J, I’m definitely not, I think it was @Aston100 who got a great deal on afternoon tea last year and I have seen several other similar posts 🤣

shub 87 posts

I’ve managed to make it work twice in a row now for an IC booking on a desktop, The steps I followed were:
    1) Login to IHG and click on manage reservation.
    2) Refresh the page.
    3) Click Logout on the top of the page, this still keeps you on the booking page.
    4) Refresh the page again.
    The Upgrade offer should be under the room details.
    I looked at the offers yesterday and today, both times the offers were different but nothing extraordinary.

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

That route hasn’t worked for me for ages, I thought it was dead. Though I haven’t tried it for ages either as the offers just kept popping up with the booking details!

James 21 posts

Great e-Upgrade options at the IC Da Nang, $16 USD for a club room with full club intercontinental benefits 🙂

The Sun Peninsula Club lounge here is amazing, including IC’s own lounge at the DAD domestic terminal.

shub 87 posts

Great e-Upgrade options at the IC Da Nang, $16 USD for a club room with full club intercontinental benefits 🙂

The Sun Peninsula Club lounge here is amazing, including IC’s own lounge at the DAD domestic terminal.

How odd, I’m also looking at the same property, However the cheapest option I’m getting is 1 Bedroom Spa Lagoon Villa for 500 USD a night.

Froggee 898 posts

@shub – worked a charm for Kimpton Edinburgh. I’m not going to bite given the cost of the room is zero courtesy of Creation but it’s interesting to learn a new trick thank you!

Premium Guestroom with one double bed, Charlotte Square View , 24 sq.m. / 258 sq. ft.
    A more spacious room starting at 24 sq.m. with views across the city.
    Includes mini-fridge, tuck box of local treats, locally roast, and ground fresh filter coffee.
    £35
    £28
    Extra per night
    You save £7

King Bed Suite with additional Living Area , 35 sq.m. / 377 sq. ft.
    Stay in style with this large, spacious Suite with original townhouse features.
    Presenting an open plan, the Suite is equipped with a comfortable seating area and one King-size bed.
    Includes stocked mini-bar, tuck box of local treats, locally roast, and ground fresh filter coffee.
    £130
    £96
    Extra per night
    You save £34

The Townhouse Suite , 74 sq.m. / 797 sq. ft.
    Enjoy this opulent one-Bedroom Suite with separate Living and Dining Areas.
    Relax your way with the walk-in shower separated from the bath tub.
    Includes stocked mini-bar, tuck box of local treats, locally roast, and ground fresh filter coffee.
    £500
    £250
    Extra per night
    You save £250

NorthernLass 7,531 posts

Don’t forget to confirm it with the hotel asap as they’re not guaranteed and the hotel might just decide they don’t want to give you the upgrade or whatever for that price otherwise! I’ve always had it agreed and sometimes extended to extra nights – e.g. I had a free night cert night plus 2 points nights at the IC BOS and got an offer to upgrade to an absolutely humongous 1 bedroom suite for $160 pn on the points bookings (seriously, it was bigger than some London flats!) I asked if I could also upgrade the free night for the same amount and they said yes. It was super handy as we ended up having to take our teenager at the last minute and didn’t have to share sleeping quarters with him!

Aston100 1,388 posts

I’m always wondering the same – Anna seems to be the only one who can see these!

No, I have had a few opportunities in the past. I took up an afternoon tea offer as Anna mentioned, and also an upgrade to a junior suite (from a basic rewards room) for £15 at the Voco St Davids (which by the way, they didn’t charge me for).

ChrisC 956 posts

I’ve had them. I have previously posted then in previous threads on upgrades.

Few weeks ago for the HI in Manchester I was offered a discount on Prosecco and room upgrades dependent on availability on arrival.

A previous one offered discounted afternoon tea and breakfast.

In the pre arrival email there is usually something about them or they appear after clicking on the reservation details box in the email and then perhaps a click after that.

Go197 78 posts

Well you’ve got me. Where does it say “Manage reservation”?

Go197 78 posts

Well you’ve got me. Where does it say “Manage reservation”?

I got it.

View upcoming stays and click on a stay
    Click View Stay Details
    Click Sign out
    Scroll down to just below the check in / check out dates

Seems to work for Intercontinental only

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.