Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes IHG One Rewards Using IHG points at Iberostar

• PaulTutty 7 posts

Hi, I recently stayed at the Iberostar Albufera Playa, Majorca. I would love to go back next year and use points if possible.

My question is does anyone know when the option to use points to book iberostar hotels is likely to come into play. The website hasn’t changed for months (it says coming soon) and ihg help can’t tell me either?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks

0 post

I stayed at the Iberostar Albufera Playa too, and it was awesome. As for using points to book Iberostar hotels, I’ve been waiting for that info too. It’s strange that their website hasn’t updated for months.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,207 posts

It will happen. I think part of the issue, with all inclusives, is that hotels aren’t happy with the standard redemption model. Normally IHG pays the hotel £25+ depending on brand to cover cleaning if the hotel isn’t full. That’s fair enough if the guest isn’t incurring any real costs. However, at an all inclusive, IHG needs to pay the hotels a decent slug of cash BUT can’t stick up the redemption price. After all, you can’t charge 50,000 points for a £200 standard hotel room and 100,000 points for a £200 all-inclusive resort room.

robkeane 78 posts

IHG have been saying coming soon for a good 8 months now. You can earn, but still not redeem.

IHG put out a promo email for the iberstar all-inclusives just last week, and still saying redemptions coming soon.

PaulTutty 7 posts

Frustratingly – still no update!

Flyer123 24 posts

Believe I saw a recent email this month that this is now possible.

Guernsey Globetrotter 587 posts

Believe I saw a recent email this month that this is now possible.

Or you may have seen this article on here from last week !
    https://www.headforpoints.com/2023/12/19/redeem-ihg-points-at-iberostar-resorts/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.