Using IHG points at Iberostar
4th November 2023 at 10:18PaulTutty 7 posts
Hi, I recently stayed at the Iberostar Albufera Playa, Majorca. I would love to go back next year and use points if possible.
My question is does anyone know when the option to use points to book iberostar hotels is likely to come into play. The website hasn’t changed for months (it says coming soon) and ihg help can’t tell me either?
Any insight would be appreciated, thanks4th November 2023 at 10:280 post
I stayed at the Iberostar Albufera Playa too, and it was awesome. As for using points to book Iberostar hotels, I’ve been waiting for that info too. It’s strange that their website hasn’t updated for months.4th November 2023 at 12:35Rob2,162 postsHfP Staff
It will happen. I think part of the issue, with all inclusives, is that hotels aren’t happy with the standard redemption model. Normally IHG pays the hotel £25+ depending on brand to cover cleaning if the hotel isn’t full. That’s fair enough if the guest isn’t incurring any real costs. However, at an all inclusive, IHG needs to pay the hotels a decent slug of cash BUT can’t stick up the redemption price. After all, you can’t charge 50,000 points for a £200 standard hotel room and 100,000 points for a £200 all-inclusive resort room.6th November 2023 at 22:07robkeane 77 posts
IHG have been saying coming soon for a good 8 months now. You can earn, but still not redeem.
IHG put out a promo email for the iberstar all-inclusives just last week, and still saying redemptions coming soon.4th December 2023 at 19:22PaulTutty 7 posts
Frustratingly – still no update!28th December 2023 at 14:28Flyer123 21 posts
Believe I saw a recent email this month that this is now possible.28th December 2023 at 15:29Guernsey Globetrotter 566 posts
Believe I saw a recent email this month that this is now possible.
Or you may have seen this article on here from last week !
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Latest Forum Posts
- slidey on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- revkev7 on InterContinental Edinburgh – lounge and rooms
- yorkshireRich on Thank you! Now please help plan my LA trip
- derbydave on Driving in Japan
- Harrier25 on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JDB on BA Amex Premium Plus Pro rata refund question
- Alan TJ on Post your American Express Platinum retention offers here!
- JohnBart on Virgin flight Point Booster – good idea?
- Super Secret Stuff on BA Prepaid Mastercard card closure
- Hotwings on Qatar The NinetyThird lounge, don’t waste your points [free meal not provided]
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.