Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice Vietnam [MASTER THREAD]

• Aston100 1,503 posts

Thanks for all the tips!

I’ll look to book with Jadesails for our December trip as we only want to do a day cruise. We are planning to head straight from Ha Long Bay to Ninh Binh after the cruise – is it be easy enough to find a driver at the dock or would you recommend pre-booking with someone?

This is exactly what I’m doing.
    I have a provisional booking with a guy recommended on Tripadvisor:
    https://ninhbinhpuluongtours.wordpress.com/tour-services/

Tuan Chau to Ninh Binh – $85 – 3.5 hours. Private car.
    We’re also doing some tours around Ninh Binh with him for a couple of days and then getting a private car transfer to Hanoi ($60)

In the end, I booked a couple of tickets on a so called ‘luxury VIP limousine van’.
    It was essentially one of those airport Mercedes people carriers that you often see (but some other manufacturer), with fewer but larger seats.
    Cost around £11 pp from across the road from the Jadesails boat, at some place called ‘Mojito Station’.
    Book it on 12go asia.
    You an specify a number of drop off places in Tam Coc or elsewhere in Ninh Binh.
    Journey time was just over 3 hours, non stop. Let the driver know in advance if you need a toilet break.
    He may also agree to drop you directly at your accommodation so long as it isn’t too far from one of the official drop off places in town.
    They will officially accept 1 large suitcase pp, but didn’t seem to mind taking an additional cabin size bag too.

Cost us about £21 total for the 2 of us. This compared very nicely with the $85 USD quote for a private transfer.
    I don’t think the van was any slower than a private car.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.