Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards Virgin Atlantic Virgin Credit Card cashback experiences?

• Molly 87 posts

Anyone had any experience with VA credit card cashback. I’ve spent money with Virgin Voyages, initially the transactions was not tracking on the app but when I check now and click through the cashback option the app just hangs and doesn’t display any information?

CarpalTravel 361 posts

I tried it a few times and none of the spends tracked. They were smaller, almost tester ones, so I stopped bothering and use other cards. It’s been weeks now so am sure they would have appeared now if they were going to. I definitely cannot be bothered to chase them up, it’s not worth the pain of having to dealing with their NTL-esque customer service team or using the card and risking future missed payouts. Most of their offerings appear on other cards of mine anyway, though not VV.

thehornets 18 posts

Molly… Try closing the screen by clicking on the X and then opening it again by clicking on the cashback button. That should work.

I’ve found that most offers track most of the time, so am pretty happy with it. If it doesnt track, raise an issue…it’s quite easy tom prove you have made the spend given that it is on your card statement!

The Urbanite 117 posts

I used it at Burberry back when there was no cap and they paid back 20%. They paid out quickly. Did not take them long to water down the offer for good!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
    Mart 38 posts

yeah we also booked with virgin voyages and the transaction didn’t track ,I contacted them 3 times and still rejected.
    i emailed support and twitter still no help just supposed sympathy.
    so i cancelled my card in disgust, I don’t trust them anymore!!!

dahokolomoki 103 posts

Have done a few different merchant offers and all of them tracked immediately and paid out accurately. Haven’t done the Virgin Voyages one though.

Danny 11 posts

All my previous cashback-related transactions on the virgin credit card tracked and paid out automatically as expected. I have done the 12.5% Virgin Voyages on two bar taps a few weeks ago and the £61.25 cashback is pending.

Molly 87 posts

Thanks for the replies, raised a missing transaction claims form, lets see what happens. Looking at £130 cashback so I won’t be letting it go.

mark2 126 posts

I have used Virgin in preference to Amex when both offer 10% cashback at Morrisons.
    This is because Virgin is Mastercard so may stack with Perks at Work, Airtime etc. Both can stack with Shops Away.
    Annoyingly Virgin cashback is not paid out automatically, but you are automatically registered for all offers.

Matty 16 posts

I submitted a missing cashback claim last week. Virgin emailed this morning to say that they can’t find any cards linked to my account. I’ve replied with a screenshot of my cashback account, which shows that my debit and credit cards are linked to my cashback account.

I’ve also taken a screenshot of the transaction, which shows that I paid with my Virgin credit card. I’ve emailed everything back.

Matty 16 posts

I submitted a missing cashback claim last week. Virgin emailed this morning to say that they can’t find any cards linked to my account. I’ve replied with a screenshot of my cashback account, which shows that my debit and credit cards are linked to my cashback account.

I’ve also taken a screenshot of the transaction, which shows that I paid with my Virgin credit card. I’ve emailed everything back.

Virgin now say that I’d not clicked through, from their app, to the retailer so the transaction never tracked. I didn’t click through but I’m not sure how you’d do this if you were purchasing from Caffè Nero or Byron. My purchase was with Holiday Inn. The Virgin app is silent on whether it has to be online, in-store or both. Virgin never said why they thought my card wasn’t linked.

Harrier25 849 posts

Virgin now say that I’d not clicked through, from their app, to the retailer so the transaction never tracked

Virgin are talking nonsense. As long as you’re registered for the cashback scheme and the offer you want is showing then the casback credit should automatically show as pending in the cashback area of the app within a few days of the transaction clearing pending.

tw33ty 190 posts

I’m finding since early aug, zero offers are getting paid out on virgin.

Keep submitting claims, keep getting you’ve not used a valid card, even phoned and got confirmation that they see the transaction and the offers in question, but each time it goes to the cash back team, who can’t be spoken to directly, everything gets rejected.

Was having no issue with offers tracking pre august, now it’s just terrible. Anyone else having these issues?

Molly 87 posts

I’m still chasing my original £130. The CSR has been quite helpful but he has to refer to the cashback department. In last conversation he stated the cashback department required a screenshot of the offer to prove I had it on my app at the time of use. We agreed I was wasting my time continuing any further communication with the cashback department so I raised a formal complaint which is currently under review.

Andrew. 480 posts

In last conversation he stated the cashback department required a screenshot of the offer to prove I had it on my app at the time of use.

Well, that’s utter nonsense. Not sure about Apple, but the Android version takes a blank screen pic now if you try to take a screen shot.

Harrier25 849 posts

I’m still chasing my original £130.

£130??! Which retailer are you getting £130 cashback from on a Virgin Atlantic credit card?

Andrew. 480 posts

£130??! Which retailer are you getting £130 cashback from on a Virgin Atlantic credit card?

It’s not hard.

£1,114 for a Holiday Inn 10% rebate back in April.

Harrier25 849 posts

You received £1,114 cashback for a stay at a Holiday Inn? Wow! I assume it was a long stay?

Molly 87 posts

The retailer was Virgin Voyages – at 10% cashback.

£1,114 for a Holiday Inn 10% rebate back in April.

Andrew. 480 posts

You received £1,114 cashback for a stay at a Holiday Inn? Wow! I assume it was a long stay?

It wasn’t a stay.

We’d negotiated a fine rate for a conference booking in return for full payment 14 days in advance. Our Accounts payable refused to settle as it was in breach of policy.

So I had to pay then reclaim on expenses. I hadn’t realised there was an offer, Just needed to use a card on which I had a 12,000 limit. It was only when I was checking that a different offer had triggered a few months later that I found the generous credit.

WorldFlyer 41 posts

I have a Morrison’s online only cashback offer. Has anyone tried to use it in person in the shop.

Thinking of buying some gift cards.

Molly 87 posts

Its now 4 months since raising my original complaint. The last email from Virgin stated “we would still like the opportunity to resolve this with you as soon as we can”. Any advice on how long to wait before contacting the ombudsman?

JDB 4,339 posts

Its now 4 months since raising my original complaint. The last email from Virgin stated “we would still like the opportunity to resolve this with you as soon as we can”. Any advice on how long to wait before contacting the ombudsman?

If you have made a formal complaint (ideally acknowledged as such) without a final response after eight weeks you can go to the Ombudsman. However, given that a resolution from the FOS might take many months, I would write a registered letter to VM giving them a week (ten days from posting) to provide a final response failing which you will escalate to the FOS. I’m quite surprised that Virgin didn’t contact you close to the eight weeks mark. Unless you can offer some evidence to the FOS, your case may be a bit touch and go.

Reney 755 posts

borrowing this thread to say 7% cashback at Morrison is back on my VM card.

roger 232 posts

10% on my card!
    VS Black (Premium Plus)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.