Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin Points flight on Air France

• FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

I have managed to secure two return Business class seats on AF from Manchester to CDG using some of our Virgin miles/points, questions are:-

1. Will this earn tier points and/or miles on our Virgin FF accounts?
    2. Which lounge will we get sent to, A virgin Lounge or an Air France lounge in terminal 2 or will it be Starbucks with everybody else!!

Cheers

davefl 1,219 posts

You may get tier points if you credit to virgin, because VS now count them for status but you won’t accrue miles on any award ticket.

You’ll probably end up in the 1903 lounge in T2 at MAN. If you’re not told so at check in, just follow the signs for Escape/1903 and present your boarding pass.

bartas8891 37 posts

If you are flying from Manchester I suggest you stay at Starbucks. The lounges at MAN are pathetic.

davefl 1,219 posts

If you are flying from Manchester I suggest you stay at Starbucks. The lounges at MAN are pathetic.

Yeah, but the coffee is free in the lounge and you don’t have to queue for half an hour like you would at Starbucks 😉

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,198 posts

Only redemptions on VS metal earn tier points on redemptions.

FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

Just an update on my original question regarding earning tier points/miles on our Business class flight from MAN to CDG, flights have just been completed:-

1. As Rob said, no tier points have been earned. I didn’t expect any miles but was unsure….didn’t get any anyway.

2. Did NOT get access to the lounges, to be honest it was a battle zone in there due to a system crash on Virgin/BA & Aer Lingus. It looked as if they just gave everybody lounge access to keep them quiet. So we went to Costa instead.

Flight was great, albeit an hour delayed. No issue with security or bags both ways. So good we are looking to book the same run again, got to use them Virgin miles up before they get devalued again.

Kip 6 posts

Business class on AF/KLM should get access to the Escape lounge in T2. Don’t see why that would be any different on reward flights.

Virgin UC flights have access to 1903 lounge.

AL 577 posts

VS Golds and UC do get 1903 access but it’s usually a faff queuing, arguing and then getting it. MAN is a shambles.

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,095 posts

AF and KLM have been palming people off with Escape rather than 1903 for quite sone time now.

FREEFLIGHTS 54 posts

I suppose “going in” expecting nothing and actually getting nothing is perhaps not the biggest disaster in the world.

The AF lounge on the way back was excellent, chicken curry for tea.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.