Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club Virgin’s new TV advert

• Mutley 9 posts

Its really quite appalling.

davefl 1,220 posts

+1

So is all their lovey dovey aren’t we your best friend and an amazing brand style of marketing. Just makes me cringe.

ChrisC 956 posts

I quite like it. It’s very Virgin.

Andrew J 769 posts

One of the most inclusive adverts I’ve seen in a long while – certainly makes me want to spend my money with them. Top marks.

ChasP 162 posts

after appalling customer service at MCO – they will certainly need new customers

AL 577 posts

‘Different’ has always been a Virgin thing – the Virgin By Design book is great for pointing that out, but there are loads of examples even without having to thumb through it. Overall, with my advertising nerd hat on, the new campaign does this well – and, from my own regular VS experiences, is largely true to life. Is it my favourite campaign? No. That goes to Red Hot (and the great Red Hot 25 follow-up), followed closely by Flying In The Face Of Ordinary. Red Hot wasn’t very inclusive, of course, and therefore this campaign addresses parts of that.

Versus their competitors, they have numerous memorable campaigns – the only decent BA one in recent memory I can think of has been Aviators. Their post-pandemic You Make Us Fly campaign was particularly boring, I thought – and it gave me flashbacks to calling the call centre, being stuck on the tarmac…

Another great example of an airline trying to do something a little different is Etihad’s Flying Reimagined campaign. Or, of course, this one.

_aDifferentSimon_ 85 posts

I like it a lot.

modestpointscollector 64 posts

The comments on the Youtube video are something to truly behold.

I quite like it, it’s hard to get excited by anything around advertising these days really, so to elicit any kind of reaction is probably a good thing!

• This reply was modified 54 years, 4 months ago by .
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.