Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Payment cards American Express ‘We have already received an application from you for this card’

• Jase 20 posts

My wife and I have recently tried to apply for a new card and am receving this as a response ? We have already received an application from you for this Card. This is not the case any ideas ?

Cheers

NorthernLass 7,580 posts

Have you applied for any Amex card and been declined in the past 3 months? Apparently you have to wait 90 days if so. Also – do you mean you’ve applied for a card each or one card plus supplementary? Depending on the card, it can be better to apply for the supp after you register the main card as you get points for doing it that way.

Scott 240 posts

There is another thread running about this, last updated a week or so ago I think, if you want to search for it.

Some people, including me, appear to be affected by a fault in the Amex system. My issue has been outstanding since July, although others on the thread had it resolved in Sep.

can 506 posts
    Scott 240 posts

For the OP, issue now resolved for me, updated in the thread linked above.

Ladyshopper 111 posts

Thanks for this, I’ve just had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago. I did have a gold card which I cancelled at the end of October.

Have posted on the other thread linked above.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.