Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other Destination advice What are the queues at JFK customs like?

• dc27 10 posts

For anyoen that has flown to JFK from LHR recently – what are the queues like at customs?

I’ve not found any comments in the last week or so, so hopefully the 1.5 to 2 hrs from November last year has come down a bit! We’re on ETSAs not visas

DC

NorthernLass 7,543 posts

Do you mean customs as opposed to immigration? I can’t remember there being separate customs checks at US airports for the last few years. Definitely not on our last 2 trips to NYC and BOS.

ChrisC 956 posts

Very much depends on which airline and hence terminal you arrive on and then what other flights are landing around the same time.

Please if you want accurate advice then give accurate info.

Monday last week I arrived lunch time into T8 on AA and no queue for global entry but the non citizen queue was building up because a couple of other flights had landed around the same time. Bags took around 20 minutes or so to arrive.

If you arrive on BA the experience would be different as would landing off VS/DL at T4 and T5 off a Jet Blue. All have their own CBP operations.

spellman 32 posts

We waited for about 20 minutes at JFK Terminal 4 after our Virgin flight three weeks ago (arrived around 4pm)

The Original Nick 112 posts

I got through in 11 minutes 3 weeks ago. It was a breeze. I was off the aircraft first though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.