Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club What do you want to see from British Airways in 2022?

• Rhys
    HfP Staff
    187 posts

Pre-covid there were rumours about the Heathrow lounges getting a major refurbishment. I really hope that happens soon.

What are you hoping BA will do in 2022?

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

Make it possible to redeem FTVs online or hire more staff to answer the phones!
    Lounges come a long way behind that but a decent offering at MAN would be very welcome. As would be some reinstated direct flights to somewhere other than LHR and LGW …

meta 1,426 posts

Bring back online cancellation option for Avios bookings with immediate refund of Avios and cash too. they deliberately removed at the start of pandemic to annoyance of everyone, but memory is short and people only seem to be interested in redeeming FTVs these days.

AFKAE 141 posts

It would be good if they could answer the phone.

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

+1 for getting refunds online, though my priority currently is being able to make the booking in the first place!

Richie 977 posts

Order A220 aircraft, acquire more A380s, retire B772s quicker, refurbish B788/9s and A380s with a ‘wider’ 2-4-2 separate economy seats with extra legroom. Order A351s with a premium configuration including First and wider 2-4-2 separate economy section as well as 3-3-3 standard economy.

• This reply was modified 54 years, 3 months ago by .
    greggrant 12 posts

I would like to see a root and branch review of customer service processes. I know the industry is having a difficult time but you don’t engender loyalty (which equates to income) by annoying your existing customers. It’s really fundamental and is being missed by the BA ‘leadership’ team. I was expecting more from Sean Doyle.

Super Secret Stuff 368 posts

A220’s please! If they’re even attempting to carry on competing in gatwick they’ll need to get ahead of Easyjet, its only a matter of time…

The amount of flight bookings they could gain just from the nicer experience. So too sensible for BA, oh well…

Benilyn 149 posts

More Club Suites

Richie 977 posts

A220’s please! If they’re even attempting to carry on competing in gatwick they’ll need to get ahead of Easyjet, its only a matter of time…

The amount of flight bookings they could gain just from the nicer experience. So too sensible for BA, oh well…

So Gatwick to have an all A220 fleet in the longer term, with no A320s and no B737 MAX?

Gavin454 158 posts

Bring back online cancellation option for Avios bookings with immediate refund of Avios and cash too. they deliberately removed at the start of pandemic to annoyance of everyone, but memory is short and people only seem to be interested in redeeming FTVs these days.

Exactly this.

Refund functionality is still much-reduced compared to before the pandemic. It used to be calculated online as you clicked through the refund process, shown on the page, and then automatically refunded (Avios instantly, and cash usually back to your card the next day). You could process all refunds this way, and full refunds of Avios flights + fees if refunded <24 hours could be done online in the same way too.

Now, you either need to phone (virtually impossible at times) or fill in a form which sends it off to be done manually, which takes ages, and you have no advance confirmation of what refund is due.

Why are they still forcing people to use overloaded call centres when they could just revert the IT back to the pre-pandemic automatic refund process which needs much less staff oversight?

Super Secret Stuff 368 posts

So Gatwick to have an all A220 fleet in the longer term, with no A320s and no B737 MAX?

Thus is going to be a big ramble…

The a320 has no new major developments in the pipeline and is starting to reach the limits of what you could achieve before structurally changing the aircraft or its characteristics. B737 is already at that point as seen with the Max fiasco.

This is why Airbus took the C series from Bombardier and is financing it. Once the programme reaches critical mass with European airlines it will trigger the development of a larger a220 variant. Therefore allowing an all a220 fleet but yes at the moment it wouldn’t really be possible without scaling back a bit. That said there are major advantages of the a220 and being able to always sell a smaller amount of seats is safer than usually being able to sell a larger amount of seat’s. Basic product development strategy and thinking.

Lady London 2,035 posts

Exactly this.

Refund functionality is still much-reduced compared to before the pandemic. It used to be calculated online as you clicked through the refund process, shown on the page, and then automatically refunded (Avios instantly, and cash usually back to your card the next day). You could process all refunds this way, and full refunds of Avios flights + fees if refunded <24 hours could be done online in the same way too.

Now, you either need to phone (virtually impossible at times) or fill in a form which sends it off to be done manually, which takes ages, and you have no advance confirmation of what refund is due.

Why are they still forcing people to use overloaded call centres when they could just revert the IT back to the pre-pandemic automatic refund process which needs much less staff oversight?

Um Gavin454 I take it you’re asking a rhetorical question? I’m with you on every point of your rant, but it’s quite clear why BA’s doing this.

Loobs49 6 posts

Answer the bloody phone so I cam make use of my 2-4-1 voucher before it expires

dougzz99 631 posts

The Possible.
    I’d like to see the food improvements in CW reintroduced.
    The staff better motivated, BA’s method of negotiation just continually demotivates staff. This would improve staff moral and feed through to customer experience. This extends to ground staff where BA also suffer, baggage delays, jetways not being occupied on arrival leading to further delays.
    I’m not bothered about CS as I have my reasons for liking CW.
    Improved web/app functionality leading to less need to call (a method used by almost every other business to reduce staff numbers and save money).

The Fantasy.
    A proper business class seat on short haul.

Damian 21 posts

The ability to book Open Jaw Avios redemptions online.

LeeH 25 posts

The ability to book Open Jaw Avios redemptions online.

And the ability to upgrade or modify them online, once booked!

Rui N. 830 posts

Thus is going to be a big ramble…

The a320 has no new major developments in the pipeline and is starting to reach the limits of what you could achieve before structurally changing the aircraft or its characteristics. B737 is already at that point as seen with the Max fiasco.

This is why Airbus took the C series from Bombardier and is financing it. Once the programme reaches critical mass with European airlines it will trigger the development of a larger a220 variant. Therefore allowing an all a220 fleet but yes at the moment it wouldn’t really be possible without scaling back a bit. That said there are major advantages of the a220 and being able to always sell a smaller amount of seats is safer than usually being able to sell a larger amount of seat’s. Basic product development strategy and thinking.

Hum, no.
    Airbus took the C series from Bombardier because it was free and they could stick it to Boeing. It wasn’t because of any business needs, much less because of any issues with the A320 family.
    A320 and A220 are two completely different families of aircraft with little overlap. Even if Airbus decides to go with the A220-500, that will be quite smaller than the A321neo/LR/XLR, which are where the greatest profits for the A320 family are coming.
    Also not true that there are no new major developments on the A320 (A321XLR says hello), nor that the A320 limits are closed to being reached. When the programme was first started in the 1980s, it was developed taking into account many possible and less possible developments, including for example, open rotor engines. It might not be ready to be electrified or to use H2, but neither is the A220.

davestat 24 posts

I would love to be able to see all my vouchers and FTV’s online in my account as I’m beginning to lose track of them

Blair Waldorf Salad 1,108 posts

I’d like to see them turn away people who aren’t in Group 1/2/3 but are allowed board first regardless. Drives me batty. You get little enough in CE and they can’t even get priority boarding right at their home hub.

Phil G 4 posts

Having the ability to use an evoucher against the cash element of a avios booking would be exceptionally handy

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

I’d like to see them turn away people who aren’t in Group 1/2/3 but are allowed board first regardless. Drives me batty. You get little enough in CE and they can’t even get priority boarding right at their home hub.

There are so many people who qualify (e.g. disabled or travelling with children), there are going to be people ahead of you most of the time. I was apologised to profusely a couple of years ago by BA crew when an unkempt elderly lady was busted at the front of the queue for “F” boarding but I just laughed and said that I had assumed she was an eccentric millionaire and that the plane can’t take off until everyone’s on board anyway!

EDB99 32 posts

It would be good if they could answer the phone.

Either that or digital services on par with low-cost carriers such as Ryanair.

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

Online changes such as easyJet allows. Astonishingly simple. You choose your alternative date and/or destination, click through to a page showing you your choices and any extra charges (often £0.00), select your preferred option and Bob’s your uncle. Your luggage and seat selection automatically gets transferred to the new booking. It’s quite astonishing that ba.com can’t, apparently, support such a system.

NorthernLass 7,492 posts

Rhys, I do hope you started this thread because you know somebody very high up at BA who’s going to read it

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.