Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Virgin Flying Club What Happens When You Renew Gold?

• SGJNI 69 posts

I now have 800 points from flights having already been Gold as a result of the status match from BA. What happens now? Nothing on the account to suggest it has been earned or renewed. I was awarded status in February so is that my year end and I have to wait until then? I thought there were various benefits attached to renewal but have got nothing so far.

AL 579 posts

Your companion voucher, supplementary Silver membership and the like are recorded against your FC account. You can find out what you’ve accrued by calling. Whilst on, you might want to check that your initial flight counts toward your renewal, because you’ll have used that toward earning the status match in the first place.

SGJNI 69 posts

Confused! the status match was awarded before the first flight took place and would not have been given without an existing booking, it was not a status challenge. My account now states ‘You have achieved Gold” and that 0 points are required for Gold prior to Feb’23. I was also able to use points booster for the first flight without issue. Should I ring to question this or wait until Feb ’23 and see if Gold renewal benefits are then applied?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.