Forums › Frequent flyer programs › British Airways Executive Club › What happens when your Blue status expires? Wife has an expiry date of 31/3
What happens when your Blue status expires? Wife has an expiry date of 31/3
Do you have to rejoin after the expiry or is it automatic. We are only blue and my expiry is end of august.
Any guidance appreciated.
“My wife has an expiry date of 31/3/23”. I wish my wife had an expiry date….I’m here all week
Blue is the lowest level of membership. It doesn’t go any lower. The only thing that expires is you tier point collection period.
The waiting time on the phones decreases further because it’s inversely proportional to status 🙂
The only thing she will notice is that any tier points built up over the year will be reset to zero.
Just to be clear, TP collection years end on the 8th of a month, status lasts until the end of the following month.
So, her TPs will reset to zero on 9 Feb and her status lasts until 31 Mar. Since Blue is the base level it really need not have an expiry date.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Popular articles this week:
As T5 security crisis looms, Virgin Atlantic allows rebooking (from T3) whilst BA (at T5) does not
Miles & More miles expiry is coming for ex-cardholders – what can you book before Friday?
Bits: British Airways adds English sparkling wine, easyJet launches Twilight Bag Drop at Edinburgh
New to Head for Points?
Welcome! We’re the UK’s most-read source of business travel, Avios, frequent flyer and hotel loyalty news. Let us improve how you travel. Got any questions? Ask them in our forums.
Win 1 million Avios when you apply for a Barclaycard Avios credit card by 2nd April. Exclusive to HfP readers.
Latest Forum Posts
- faran on Chat thread – Thursday 30th March
- Froggee on Action required before you fly to the USA
- da350 on Last day to drive across GIB runway (you can still walk)
- alig4th on How do *you* decide what an Avios point is worth?
- Tracy on Curve questions – is it worth it?
- tf81 on How do *you* decide what an Avios point is worth?
- NorthernLass on Upgrade voucher – when does it appear in account?
- NorthernLass on BA / Barclaycard upgrade voucher or 7,000 Avios
- Carlos on Chat thread – Thursday 30th March
- sam5035 on 50% points rebate promo ….. anyone received yet?
Check reward flight availability instantly for free!
Booking a luxury hotel?
Our luxury hotel booking service offers you GUARANTEED extra benefits over booking direct. Works with Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental, The Ritz Carlton, St Regis and more. We've booked £1.7 million of rooms to date. Click for details.