Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs Other frequent flyer schemes Which FF for December redemption to MUM/DEL?

• Constantin75 11 posts

Hi all,

I am looking to book a one-way to Mumbai or Delhi on 13-Dec. (Final destination is Udaipur, and I already have booked my inbound with a companion voucher).

I checked BA, but the Avios flights offered don’t suit me in terms of schedule. I have 150k MR on my Amex account, and wanted to check if you knew any other FF program where I could redeem those points easily?

Air India & Vistara have evening flights but I am unsure I can use MR for those.

Thank for your advice,
    Constantin

BBbetter 643 posts

You can use SAS and SQ FF programs to book on AI. The catch is the transfer rate is very poor, especially SQ.
    The other option is to transfer to Bonvoy and then on to another airline that allows easy booking online like UA or AC or TK.
    Are the Virgin flight timings not good for you?

Constantin75 11 posts

Thanks.

The Virgin flight is unfortunately slightly too early (I won’t be off on the Friday).

I just took a look at SAS, 84,000 points for business class on the 9pm flight. I haven’t made up my mind yet but good to know the option exists!

Alex G 438 posts

My advice would be to use the correct code when searching for flights. It’s BOM, not MUM!

phantomchickenz 318 posts

Skyscanner should give you all the possible carriers and times, then find one that suits your time requirements that is a MR partner (which can be looked up on the Amex site).

Constantin75 11 posts

My advice would be to use the correct code when searching for flights. It’s BOM, not MUM!

Good point 🙂

BBbetter 643 posts

Also check point.me website. $5 I think but shows you all routes available and the availability as well.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.