Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Frequent flyer programs British Airways Executive Club Will this workaround with a voucher work ?

• Mikeact 229 posts

I’m trying to use one of my regular BA vouchers but of course, trying to use it is proving difficult as you have to phone.
    I am nervous about losing the seats on a new booking I want to make.
    However,I am happy to make a new booking with six figure Avios and charges etc.
    What I would like to know, after booking this new flight, would BA , sort of merge both the voucher and new booking, and just give my my money and Avios back for either the voucher or new booking…hope that’s clear. Thanks.

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Unlikely, for practical reasons.

Your voucher is a frozen ticket (hence why the voucher number is your old ticket number). When you call, the agent unfreezes the ticket, makes the necessary adjustments to date, destination and class and then works out any cost difference to pay or refund.

I don’t see how this process could be adjusted to allow you to do what you want to do.

Mikeact 229 posts

Thanks Rob. I think I’ll go ahead and book, and when I eventually get through just request a full refund for the voucher

Mikeact 229 posts

Actually, thinking about it ,do you get a full refund back (less the £35?)
    Or should I book the cheapest one way Reward flight as BA will give you back the balance Avios owing and cash balance..this way, I would get back over 6 figure Avios and a lump of cash.

SteveJ 977 posts

Actually, thinking about it ,do you get a full refund back (less the £35?)
    Or should I book the cheapest one way Reward flight as BA will give you back the balance Avios owing and cash balance..this way, I would get back over 6 figure Avios and a lump of cash.

What you suggest would work if you don’t want to lose the £35 pp. Then cancel that new booking for a FTV containing your £35 pp and lower Avios.

Mikeact 229 posts

I gave up on the phone so decided to book again…didn’t want to lose the seats..and sort the voucher out later with the lowest one way Avios booking…seems the most sensible option. Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.