Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Other London life Your hot tips for the best 5 star hotel breakfast in London?

• nn 13 posts

Looking for a treat breakfast somewhere in London. Where’s the best breakfast you’ve had in a London hotel? Buffet ideally!

George K 292 posts

I wouldn’t necessarily combine ‘best’ with ‘buffet’ but I remember being overwhelmed with choice when we stayed at the Corinthia last. It was an exceptional breakfast indeed.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Yes, buffets will invariably not be the best outcome, although the one they used to serve at the Hilton Bankside always made me wonder what they did with the mountains of food that was left over. Plenty of good breakfasts to be had in London, though – No.1 Lombard Street is a good bet in the financial district. Was many years back now but I also ate breakfast at Simpsons on the Strand but that appears to be closed at the moment.

TGLoyalty 536 posts

I wouldn’t necessarily combine ‘best’ with ‘buffet’ but I remember being overwhelmed with choice when we stayed at the Corinthia last. It was an exceptional breakfast indeed.

Hard to argue with this

The Connaught was also very good.

KP 27 posts

Hilton Bankside was good prepandemic. So was Conrad

Peter K 553 posts

I know it’s a subjective question but is the breakfast in the Sofitel Heathrow worth paying £18 per person for?

Michael C 668 posts

Anyone know the current offer at Hilton Bankside, and price for 1 adult + 1 kid?!
    Going on a Friends&Family rate at half term…but guess best option will be a stroll
    over to Borough Market.

The real Swiss Tony 662 posts

Last time I was there, they were still working on boxed breakfasts you had to collect from the front desk 🙁

Does Borough Market really offer that much early on? I don’t think the Market Porter does breakfast anymore and have heard distinctly indifferent things about the breakfast at Roast, too.

I’ve always found the front desk staff at Bankside to be exceptionally good, so i’d just ask them about the breakfast offering. No idea if they offer a discount for pre-booking like many places – even in that band of hotel – do.

And if you need a cheap, child friendly dinner spot nearby, I highly recommend Vapiano. Well, I like it anyway!

Michael C 668 posts

Last time I was there, they were still working on boxed breakfasts you had to collect from the front desk 🙁

Does Borough Market really offer that much early on? I don’t think the Market Porter does breakfast anymore and have heard distinctly indifferent things about the breakfast at Roast, too.

I’ve always found the front desk staff at Bankside to be exceptionally good, so i’d just ask them about the breakfast offering. No idea if they offer a discount for pre-booking like many places – even in that band of hotel – do.

And if you need a cheap, child friendly dinner spot nearby, I highly recommend Vapiano. Well, I like it anyway!

Thanks, Tony!

DTR 105 posts

Aqua shard opens for brunch 10am at the weekend. It was a few years ago now but the views (especially from the toilets) were great!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.