Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Forums Hotel loyalty schemes Accor Live Limitless “Your ibis subscription card is evolving”

• Skywalker 693 posts

Changes are being made to the paid ibis Business card from 22nd March 2023.

Old subscription terms
    New subscription terms

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Article tomorrow but seems like a big downgrade.

Lady London 2,020 posts

“Evolving” as in, “votre…[carte] évolue..” is French for everything we here on HfP would call an “enhancement”. Accor being a French company.

It’s the equivalent of TfL announcing “Fares are ‘changing”. Which always means an increase in price.

deerwood 6 posts

From Rob “seems like a big downgrade.”

That was my first impression, especially as you have to buy the card.

Skywalker 693 posts

Article tomorrow but seems like a big downgrade.

From the Accor ‘new’ website:

“Rest assured that your card number remains the same…”

Phew that’s a relief! For a minute there I thought Accor was taking away my benefits and my card number! 😅

TGLoyalty 495 posts

So instead of gold you get silver (10 nights) though on the other hand getting nights is better than being gifted status if you’d rather hit a higher level

Higher discount could be handy

No more 10% off Ibis bars but lets be honest how many were actually using this!

48hr guarantees are usually nonsense as its a rate you’ll never pay because they need to walk someone else if its actually full so losing the 10-5% discount is hardly a loss

Carlos 758 posts

Is today too late to buy Ibis Business for ALL Gold?
    I couldnt see anything in the new terms about being offered Silver as an alternative?

DarrenS 91 posts

I couldnt see anything in the new terms about being offered Silver as an alternative?

Not sure about it being too late now, but I subscribed on 8th Feb and was upgraded to Gold within a day or so. It cost GBP 54.17 after selecting the VAT registered option. Valid until March ’24

Carlos 758 posts

Not sure about it being too late now, but I subscribed on 8th Feb and was upgraded to Gold within a day or so. It cost GBP 54.17 after selecting the VAT registered option. Valid until March ’24

Main purchase page still advertises Gold

TGLoyalty 495 posts

– Your current status (Gold or above) is guaranteed for the entire duration of your current subscription.

ie its not a benefit after renewal

– To thank you for your loyalty, we’ll gift you an annual bonus of 10 Status Nights to help you reach the next status level at ALL Loyalty programme.

10 nights = silver

these terms kick in on March 22nd so assume its still gold until then

Guernsey Globetrotter 584 posts

@DarrenS
    – March 24 is when your Ibis card subscription expires but didn’t this extend your Accor Gold status to 31/12/24?

Roy 12 posts

My guess is that if you buy a two year ibis Business Card right now, before it is replaced by ALL PLUS ibis, you’ll have the Gold status for (at least) two years. In practice you may well keep it until the end of 2025 due to how the IT works.

Always assuming they are still selling the ibis Business Card.

planeconcorde 7 posts

The current “ibis Business Card” will become “ALL PLUS ibis” but what’s the new subscription fee?
    The current “The Business Plus card” will become “ALL PLUS Voyageur” but what’s the new subscription fee?

ibis Business Card previously got GOLD. Whereas the new “ALL PLUS ibis” will just get 10 nights awarded which equals SILVER.

The Business Plus card previously got SILVER (I think). Whereas “ALL PLUS Voyageur” will get 20 nights which is still equal to SILVER, but by staying 10 nights on top the card holder would reach 30 nights which is enough for GOLD.

I bought the ibis Business Card for the first time July 2022, on a one year subscription. Within a day or so was upgraded to Accor GOLD with expiry of end December 2023. Whereas the ibis Business Card expiry is July 2023. To try and beat the change, I have looked to see if it is worth renewing early (i.e. before 22nd March 2023) on the ibis Business Card and buying a two year subscription. But there is a rule can only renew up to 30 days before expiry. So I think I am stuck, unless anybody has a work around.

May be I should let the ibis Business Card expire July 2023 and buy the “ALL PLUS Voyageur” January 2024.

Roy 12 posts

I don’t think The Business Plus Card (formerly Accor Business Plus) gets status at all, so ALL PLUS Voyageur is actually a significant upgrade on that. (Accor Plus gets silver, but that is a completely different scheme targeted at discounts at Asian hotels – who knows if that is staying or getting replaced, too…)

DonLee 213 posts

Just bought Ibis business for £69 today Accor GOLD upgraded immediately for two years. One reason I am getting it is for One World Ruby

Carlos 758 posts

Just bought Ibis business for £69 today Accor GOLD upgraded immediately for two years. One reason I am getting it is for One World Ruby

How do you get One World Ruby, looking to match to BA Bronze

DonLee 213 posts

How do you get One World Ruby, looking to match to BA Bronze

https://www.headforpoints.com/2022/09/28/accor-live-limitless-qatar-airways-partnership/comment-page-3/#comments

AY 27 posts

Just renewed mine for 2 years and already upgraded to gold from silver. Wasn’t planning to renew but for the small cost, I think it’s worth it.

planeconcorde 7 posts

I have received a letter from Accor stating the annual ALL PLUS Ibis membership will cost 99 EURO. Does anybody know what the new “ALL PLUS Voyageur” card will cost?

trader363 109 posts

Took it out now for £65 and ALL was upgraded to gold in less than a minute!

Rob
    HfP Staff
    2,195 posts

Given Accor IT it is shocking how well they manage to process these upgrades!

tiriavpo 312 posts

Just joined and immediately gold – but not seeing any change in rates from standard members rate of 5% discount. The gold blurb says that the gold discount is ‘cumulable’ with the members rate so assumed it would be another 5% reduction on top?

planeconcorde 7 posts

I have received a letter from Accor stating the annual ALL PLUS Ibis membership will cost 99 EURO. Does anybody know what the new “ALL PLUS Voyageur” card will cost?

These changes have gone live today and the Accor web site lists costs of the replacement cards.

The ALL Plus Ibis card is 99 EUR per year.
    The All Plus Voyageur card is 199 EUR per year.

Source:
    https://all.accor.com/loyalty-program/all-plus/index.en.shtml

Skywalker 693 posts

These changes have gone live today and the Accor web site lists costs of the replacement cards.

The ALL Plus Ibis card is 99 EUR per year.
    The All Plus Voyageur card is 199 EUR per year.

Source:
    https://all.accor.com/loyalty-program/all-plus/index.en.shtml

Ibis card – is it the same as the previous EUR 99 (that was really GBP 65), or is it really EUR 99 now?

Carlos 758 posts

Looks like bad value, interesting to see a review from @Rob on this
    Is the ACCOR cashback in points 5%?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The UK's biggest frequent flyer website uses cookies, which you can block via your browser settings. Continuing implies your consent to this policy. Our privacy policy is here.