Quantcast

TopCashBack now convertible to Tesco Clubcard (and Avios) – Part 2

Key link:  Click here to sign-up for TopCashBack

Yesterday, I outlined the exciting new partnership between online shopping cashback site TopCashBack and Tesco Clubcard.  You can now convert your TopCashBack money into Clubcard points, giving you up to 360% more value for your cashback!

You could just slowly build up to your annual £50 limit for Tesco transfers by doing all of your normal online shopping on TopCashBack.  However, there are some gambling sites which pay large amounts of cashback in return for signing up and making a modest deposit.

If you are impatient to earn your £50, then these are worth a look.  Of course, there is a decent risk that you will lose some of your initial stake.

How do I join TopCashBack?

Before trying any of these sites, you need to join TopCashBack.

Use this link here, please!

TopCashBack offers a £10 referral bonus if you refer a friend, payable when your friend earns over £10.  The link above includes my referral code.

I am grateful to anyone who chooses to help support the blog by using this link.  You will not get a better deal if you sign-up directly on the TopCashBack website.

TopCashBack logo

Potential sites to generate £50 of cashback quickly

TopCashback has a range of ‘No Purchase’ offers you can access.  These include, for example, being paid £1 for getting an insurance quote.

O2 will pay you £5.05 for activating a free SIM card on your mobile phone.

Lovefilm offers £12.12 for taking a free trial of their DVD rental service.

CreditExpert pays £5.15 for a taking a free trial of the credit record management service.

The National Lottery pays £3.03 if you buy your next batch of tickets online.

However, it is the gambling sites which offer the most potential, although there is a real risk of the loss of your stake.

Paddy Power offers £20-£30 for making an initial £10 bet.

Prestige Casino offers £39.99 for wagering £20.

Gala Bingo pay £20.20 for playing through £20.

BetFair offers £15.15 for betting £10.

William Hill Casino offers £45.45 although you must play through £35.

And there are others.

There are two ways to ensure that your losses are kept to a minimum.

1.  Open sports betting accounts with two different companies, and offset your opening bets.  At one firm, bet on Person A to beat Person B.  With the other firm, bet on Person B to beat Person A.  As long as the sport does not allow draws, you are guaranteed some return.

2.  On bingo or roulette, play through all of your minimum stake on something with a 50/50 chance of success, ie red or black with roulette.  You should therefore emerge with most of your stake intact.

Other ways to generate cashback

Have you changed your gas or electricity supplier recently?  You should, of course, use a comparison site first to see who is cheapest for your usage.  Most of the gas and electricity firms are on TopCashBack, and most pay out in the £40 range, luckily.

Taking out a new credit card is also an option.  The Vanquis card (for those with poor credit) pays £40.40.  The Post Office cashback credit card pays £18.18.  There are a couple of AA credit cards paying £20.20.

Life insurance is also an option if you cancel as soon as the cashback hits.  Legal & General offers £45.45, for example, with premiums for £6 per month.

There is also Snap & Save, a slightly wacky scheme which gets you cashback for in-store supermarket purchases.  You need to take a photo of your till receipt on your smartphone and email it to TopCashBack!  For example, buy 2 Cadbury Creme Eggs and get 50p cashback!

Remember that you should NOT go for anything that pays out more than £50, as you cannot convert more than this to Clubcard.

These are only a few ideas.  Please post your own experiences and ideas below. I have started a ‘TopCashBack’ category for the blog, since I imagine this will become a popular topic.

New British Airways First, Club World and Club Europe sale launched today!
60 Avios for giving your views on a Tesco visit (and news of Clubcard accounts hacked)

We help business and leisure travellers maximise their Avios, airline miles and hotel points. Visit every day for three new articles or sign up for our emails via the box to your right.

Comments

1. James67 says:

on gambling sites it is safest to play the minimum spend as a single first bet. For example £10 on red in roulette. Some sites explicitly require single transaction such as paddypower while others are more vague. So best avoid bingo and slots for initial bet. Also, consider whether you want bonuses because these can on some sites make it more difficult to withdraw your initial deposit and winnings.

2. James67 says:

Also, just noticed gambling offers you report above are not good now as last week. there was a spate of deposit £10 get £40ish cashback. A good offer at moment is Debenhams 10.1% for spend over £125. Combine with foursquare and current 25-35% off sale for maximum benefit.

• trickster says:

However, there are numerous exclusions for cashback at Debenhams:

From the topcashback site:

Cashback is not available on the following products:
      Flowers, Wine, Hampers, Gift cards, Large Kitchen appliances, PCs and Laptops, Audio and Visual, Personalised wedding stationary and accessories, Wedding gift list purchases, Insurance and financial products.

3. MileStalker says:

Hi Raffles,

long-time lurker here. Appreciate the new site layout.

Any hints how to make this TopCashBack –> ClubCard –> Avios conversion work for non-UK based person?

Many thanks in advance.

• Various issues, some of which may not be real issues:

Can topcashback be accessed properly from outside the UK? May need to disguise your IP address.
      Can you get a Clubcard number off tesco.com without an address? You can certainly sign-up online but I’m not sure if you get number immediately or have to wait for a card to be posted to you (in which case you’re stuffed).
      Tesco to Avios – not sure if you need a UK-domiciled BAEC account to get points from Tesco, you might. However, you can get around this by opening an avios.com account with a fake UK address and then moving the Avios across to BAEC using ‘Combine My Avios’.

May be too much trouble at the end of the day.

• A temporary CC number is sent via email when you sign up online with the physical card arriving within 10 days

• Milestalker

I do all my Quidco/Topcashback/Tesco/Avios transactions from my Malta base.

The major issue I have found is the need for a UK address and a UK bank account, but I get around both of these by using my parents UK address for everything, and I have kept my UK bank accounts (now registered to my parents address).

You can do the Clubcard-Avios conversion entirely online, there’s no need to collect anything from the address. So all you need really is a UK address (fake or relative/friend) and a UK bank account and you can use almost all of Raffle’s tips without issue. I have never been blocked from using QC or TCB because of my location abroad.

4. The Paddy Power offer would generate 4800 avios points, just make sure you bet on a dead cert – Man U at home against a bottom of the table prem side for example

5. If your cashback is more than £50 from one retailer even if they are seperate transactions it can’t be paid out into clubcard points either.

It’s worth checking the site every week as offers come and go and rates go up and down, I got £20.20 for CreditExpert the other week and Lovefilm has been as high as 20.20.

For the Insurance comparison sites I was looking for car insurance last month and was surprised when I checked credit report with my free CreditExpert trial at the number of searches that had been made by the companies on the comparison sites.

Snap and save can be done without a smartphone, Quidco have a similar scheme as well, next time you are in a Tesco Express and the self scan machines have a pile of receipts that people have left there could be a small fortune lurking in the receipts!

Small beer but Graze offer £1.01 for a new sign-up & order of a free box, the boxes are pretty nice, if you’ve had a free box before maybe there is a work address you could get the free box sent to this time.

• All comparison sites will credit search you, but these searches will not be seen by lenders when you apply for credit cards or mortgages etc.

You don’t need to enter real details if you’re just after the cashback for GoCompare and Confused.com. Note that cashback from these does not count for referral purposes, so Raffles will not get his tenner if you only do insurance comparisons.

Graze gave me the cashback, but didn’t send my box! I did use a virtual credit card to register (will use my real details later on), but if they thought something was dodgy then they shouldn’t have paid the cashback.

6. Hi Raffles,
    A tenner on its way!
    (actually had an old topcashback account, apparently, but never used it. So just used another email to sign up – and will use another bank account)
    Glad to help out – thanks for a great site!

7. John Packer says:

Nice post.

One of the things that I love about this is that with the Snap&save you can use it in store at other supermarkets (I live nearer to an Asda rather than a Tesco) and transfer this into clubcard points!

Great new feature by TopCashBack!

8. Andy Lea (@andyandy) says:

Nice post Raffles -keep up the good work!
    Just signed up with your referral – have persuaded 3 people to read your HFP site in the past week alone! Great fun to follow your antics!

• Thanks Andy. Readership is definitely up since the relaunch. I think it is a combo of a) people being happier to recommend a more ‘professional’ looking site to friends, b) having more posts on the home page, c) possibly the Big G liking me more now the site is off wordpress.com – and perhaps even because I run their advertising and d) it looks better and people are happier to spend time on it. Whatever the answer, I am happy to have them all here.

9. The O2 SIM requires a £10 topup to get £5.05

Another one to try is applying for the Lloyds Avios cards, I have now applied for the cards 10 times and have received £80! (Sometimes they give out £10 instead of £5.) They pay within 2 months.

Signing up for MySurvey also gets you £1.71 in 3 months and can be done repeatedly with different details.

Things like actual insurance (not comparison), utility switching and credit cards can take forever to pay out so are not useful if you’re looking to get tesco points quickly.

10. So busy with all these offers I haven’t got time to book a flight with my Avios !

Was about to do the Legal & Gen but there appear to be 2 contradictory points:-

1) Please note, cashback from this merchant is subject to a 6-month validation period.
    2) Cashback is paid once a genuine application is validated and a minimum of three consecutive months premiums are successfully collected

Do I cancel in month 4 or month 7?

• You cancel when you get the money, which could be as late as month 8, or never. I wouldn’t risk it unless I actually wanted the insurance.

• I reckon month 4, and ignore the validation period – if only because you may well have the vouchers and have redeemed them before the 6 months comes round!

11. The Preferred Rewards Gold Card is back up to £40.40 cashback