Tesco Clubcard ‘Deals’ scrapped, replaced by ‘Boost’ from Monday

Tesco is unveiling a revamp of Clubcard Deals from next Monday.  The new scheme will see the current Rewards scheme and the ‘double up’ Exchange scheme – where you could swap your vouchers for 2x or 3x face value to spend at Tesco – merged.

The new combined scheme will be called Tesco Clubcard Boost and will have its own website.

Tesco Clubcard

Based on the MSE report, there is nothing to panic about at present!  As far as Clubcard Deals goes, MSE says:

Rewards: Little changes here apart from the name. You’ll still be able to exchange Clubcard points for up to 4x the value to spend on experiences, days out and meals from over 800 Clubcard Boost partners.

You’ll have to swap your points on a new Boost website, which launches on Monday. All rewards stay at the same value, and the  overall  number of rewards will also remain the same.

To launch  the new scheme, customers will be able to exchange £2.50-worth of Clubcard vouchers for a Cineworld or Odeon cinema ticket until 26 August. This normally costs £4 in vouchers at Cineworld, and £4.50 for Odeon.

The more complex part of the scheme is linked to ‘Exchange’, which is of less interest to Head for Points readers.  You will now be able to swap your Clubcard vouchers for in-store or Tesco Direct Boost vouchers all year round – although the available categories will change.  Initially, you will be able to redeem vouchers for:

• Clothing
  • Baby and toddler
  • Cosmetics and fragrance
  • Cook and dine and home (pots, pans etc)
  • Tesco Opticians

Boost vouchers will be double the face value of the Clubcard vouchers exchanged, so a £5 Clubcard voucher can be exchanged for a £10 Boost voucher.  You need to nominate your department in advance, though (you cannot exchange for a clothing voucher and then use it for baby and todler instead) and Boost vouchers cannot be turned back into normal Clubcard vouchers.

As always, the devil is in the detail, so lets see what appears on Monday.  It would be nice if they launched an Avios conversion bonus to celebrate the launch of Clubard Boost, but don’t hold your breath ….

BAEC Bronze members now allowed Priority Boarding
Back in the Lufthansa First Class terminal

Comments

1. Richie says:

So anyone wanting to grab£15 off per person on return flights to Europe needs to act before Sunday night. Iv used these codes about 6 times since they came out and it will be a shame to see them go

2. creampuff says:

Why is there a photo of a Tesco China card?

As an aside, I don’t shop at Tesco in China as they make you pack your own bags. I know this is standard procedure in the UK, but I don’t see why I should have to pack my own groceries in China when every other place somebody will do it for you.

3. Ummm… just an FYI. Was in Tesco in Oban, Scotland this morning. 19 3V cards available. I only took 4… baulked at the idea of spending more than a ton first time!

4. Mark B says:

I’ve picked up a lot of 3v cards recently but have noticed on my latest statement 600 points at one store have been removed, from a spend two weeks before, there is no justification for this and it’s been taken from the credit card clubcard that I have never used to buy 3V cards. Natural instinct is to complain but I’m worried about drawing attention to my account (25k points earned this quarter), anybody else had a similar problem?

5. 600 points vs risking 25k, i would just leave it

as for a similar problem, not here, tho nor do my local tesco stock the visa gift cards * 3v or standred~* so never brought any

• Mark B says:

I don’t think I’m risking the 25k points as they are legitimately earned and like the 600 they don’t have a right to take them away, but I could risk the account being closed if they have the right. The fact the points were taken away in the first place gives cause for concern though.

6. What's the Point says:

I had the Dan Brown pre-order points removed 2 weeks ago, even though both books were delivered months ago. Sent Clubcard and email asking them why, they said that they had been put on in error and thought the account had too many bonuses credited to it. Then they tried to tell me that the bonus I got for pre-ordering Diablo 3 was the Dan Brown bonus….you have got to get up earlier than that to bamboozle me!
    Anyway, they accepted they had removed them in error and re-credited the Dan Brown pre-order bonus.
    I’d complain if it was me. If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear. Its Tesco’s rules that allow you to claim so many CC bonus points, if they are that bothered they should change the rules.

7. Sinizter says:

Just noticed my Diablo in-store pre-order 2010 points have been removed.

Should I bother complaining about ?

• On what grounds? The offer was not advertised or promoted, it seems to have been purely a mistake by Tesco ….

• Sinizter says:

The only grounds would be that my receipt said I would get that many points.
      On both the accounts affected, there were 2 pre-orders each, netting 2010 points.
      These accounts each have over 20,000 points this quarter, from 3V and other gift cards.

They did let my brother keep the same points. Although there were only two transactions on his account. This pre-order and the previous in-store preorder.

I am not sure whether calling and trying to get these points is worth the worry that my account may be ‘flagged’ (if they do so).

Just trying to get an idea on what the general consensus was.

8. What's the Point says:

My account gained 14k points this last quarter, and the Diablo 3 pre-order points of 2,010 have remained on. Even if you don’t get 2,010 points back, you should make sure they give you the 1,000 points which should have been credited had someone at Tesco not messed up when loading their promotion!