1,500 bonus Avios with any British Airways economy flight booked by Tuesday

In any effort to perk up bookings in its current sale, British Airways is offering an extra carrot if you make a booking before next Tuesday 15th.

Book any economy return flight – domestic, short or long haul – before Tuesday and you will receive 1,500 bonus Avios when you fly.

Here is the small print:

British Airways BA 787

You MUST register in advance via this page on ba.com

You must fly between 1st October to 22nd October 2015 or 1st November to 13th December 2015

You must fly on “a published or corporate negotiated net fare return flight travelling in Euro Traveller, Domestic, World Traveller or World Traveller Plus (British Airways), Economy (Iberia and Iberia Express) and Main Cabin or Main Cabin Extra (American Airlines). Flight must depart and return to an airport in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland, on a British Airways, American Airlines, Iberia or Iberia Express operated service.”

You can receive the bonus for a maximum of four flights

If you were planning to make a booking in the sale, this is not a bad deal.  If you value an Avios point at 1p you are effectively getting at £15 discount on a cheap European trip.

To get your bonus, you MUST go to this page on ba.com and click ‘Activate Offer’ before you book.

(Want to earn more Avios?  Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your points and click here to see our list of current Avios promotions.)

(EDIT: Not currently bookable, expired?) - BA Club World to New York for £900 ex-Switzerland (and other deals)
Bits: 75% bonus for buying Hilton points, pilot and crew rest areas of a 777, Flybe sale

Comments

1. Mr(s) Entitled says:

Does this preclude RFS?

2. Promo valid only for UK and around.

3. when i click activate offffer it says “Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.” why is this? I am not in the UK right now – does this stop me from registering with the promo?

• I got that message too. I’m in the UK but my account is abroad.

• cheekychappie says:

It’s probably a simple location tool barring you from registering. Try using a VPN like https://hola.org/ to give you a UK location & see if it allows you to register.

This lets me watch UK TV abroad for free but some channels are better than others at working out you’re using a VPN.

Somebody here recommended uninstalling hola after use as it is intrusive.

4. On the subjehts?ct of Bonus miles does anyone know how long it takes for Birthday bonouses to post after the flig

5. If I booked a domestic flight yesterday evening but only registered for the Avios this morning having only just heard about it today (thanks Raffles) do I need to cancel and rebook under the 24 hour rule (still seats at the same price) or will BA add the offer if I ring them?

• Good question. If rules you do not say you need to register first then you have a claim for getting the bonus even if it does not post. No harm in cancelling if you have the time to call though.

• Called them. They said do it as they would definitely not backdate the offer. Phew! Now to use that Cathay Gold card in its dying days (sob).

6. avios.com has a similar but apparently more attractive offer:
    ‘Book a cash return flight in economy with British Airways to any destination from a UK or Irish airport and you’ll collect an extra 1,500 bonus Avios. Just book by the 15 September 2015 for travel between 1 October and 31 December 2015 (excluding 23–31 October 2015).’
    Note the longer travel period.

However, T+Cs include:
    ‘To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must:
    ,,/,,,
    c) travel between 1 October to 22 October 2015 and 1 November to 13 December 2015 (the “Promotional Period”).’

Oo er!

7. Mikescores says:

One thing – I saw this yesterday and to me it was not clear, so I rang BA and they told me it is per booking not per passenger. Therefore my wife and I made separate bookings. The fact that all passengers are members of the Exec Club does not make a difference.

Hope this helps.

8. Anyone know why the last week of October is not included in the offer? I was planning on going to the USA then.

• cheekychappie says:

half term

• cheekychappie says:

Talking of school hols, nearly time to book Avios return flights for summer hols 2016.

Currently able to book 30th August, 31st (Weds) will pop up @ midnight tonight.

• Already done. Up at 0100 last weekend to get 4 seats on two separate flights from SFO to LHR in J..Early bird……….and all that. Hope more flights open up so we can all sit together but only 2 hours between flights.

• cheekychappie says:

Well done, it’s worth staying up or alarm clock :)

As for us, luckily I reckon we have got a couple more days holiday abroad as the schools here & in neighbouring county (one of my kids is transferring schools to a better one) are using Thurs/ Friday as training days, so real school begins 5 Sept 2016.

PS Raffles: I thought you were going to put midnight seat release (or is it 1am?) into Avios Univ?

• Midnight GMT=0100 BST

• cheekychappie says:

doh! you are correct

• Most probably that’s the half term holiday in the UK where pricestraditionally sky-rocket…

9. Is it possible to combine this bonus with a birthday bonus?

10. BlackberryAddict says:

Iberia has launched a very similar promotion – 1500 Avios for registration and purchase by 17 September.

11. I’m still quite new to this, so apologies if this is a stupid question!

Is this 1,500 bonus avoid per seat, (i.e. myself and my partner get 1,500 in each of our BAEC accounts) or per booking?

Thanks!

12. I love this Iberia 1500 bonus! Over the year I managed to get 000s avios out of the blue!

13. Hi. I just booked a return flight but the extra 1500 avios are not showing when I ‘manage my booking’. Is it normal for bonus avios to be credited later?