Earn up to QUADRUPLE Avios on Hilton stays this Summer!

Tucked away in the Iberia magazine this month are details of a forthcoming Hilton HHonors promotion.

You cannot register for it yet but it should be live on Thursday.

For some people, this may be more attractive than the main Hilton HHonors promotion ‘Unlimited Bonus‘. This offers double Hilton points on all your stays as this article explains.  It may also be possible to double dip by registering for both offers!

The registration link should be here from Thursday.

Hilton Park Lane

The Hilton / Iberia promotion will work like this:

It will run from 12th May to 30th August

You must register, set your Hilton acccount to ‘Points and Miles’ and select Iberia as your airline partner

You will receive double Avios on your first stay

You will receive triple Avios on your second stay

You will receive quadruple Avios on your third stay

As a reminder of the earning rates:

If you choose points, you earn 10 base points and 5 Hilton HHonors bonus points per $1 spent (doubled under the ‘Unlimited Bonus’ promotion)

If you choose miles, you earn 10 base points per $1 and 15 Iberia Plus Avios per $10 spent (with the Avios doubled, tripled or quadrupled under this promotion)

Based on what happened last year, you may be able to double dip with Unlimited Bonus AND this mileage offer.  Register for both offers and it is possible that your stay will generate double base points (20 Hilton HHonors points per $1) AND 2x / 3x / 4x Avios.

This could be very lucrative if you could double up.  A £100 stay would translate to $140.  Assuming it was your 3rd stay during the period, you would receive:

1,400 base Hilton HHonors points

1,400 ‘Unlimited Bonus’ bonus points

840 Avios

Based on a valuation of 1p per Avios and 0.3p per Hilton HHonors point, your rebate would be 17%.

You MUST register for the bonus Avios promotion.  The registration link will be here from Thursday but is not currently active.

Whilst this is an Iberia Plus offer, I expect a similar BA offer to appear as well.  It is more lucrative to credit Hilton stays to Iberia, however, since the rate is 15 points per $10 rather than 1 point per $1 for BA.

Remember that you can move Avios from Iberia Plus to British Airways Executive Club via ‘Combine My Avios’ as long as your Iberia account is 90 days old.

Bits: £269 business class to Istanbul, Azimo £10 Amazon voucher, Clothing At Tesco!
Bits: LAST DAY for 2400 Avios from Tesco Wine, biometric passports for the US, Gett taxi app now in 25 UK cities

Comments

1. nobbynobchops says:

Still doesn’t register – just spoke to Hilton and they cant see the promotion registering their side. Staying tonight so hope they get it sorted

2. Gareth Morgan says:

Same problem here. I also read the google translated terms which seem to say that stays must be booked on or after 12th. I’m in a \Garden In in Birmingham tonight which will make my 3rd stay a useful 8 nights in the Grand Hilton Seoul. As that has been booked for ages, I shall be very unhappy if I don’t get the points because i switch collection to Iberia specifically for this offer.

3. Registration for this promo has Benin fixed overnight, it’s now working and I successfully registered.

Here is the important bit of small print we didn’t have before:
    “Stays can be booked prior to registration; stay completion required after registration. Additionally, members must register prior to check-out in order for their stay to qualify.”

• Sididdly says:

I had a stay which finished on the 12th and I couldn’t register for the promo until yesterday (13th). However, it has still posted as double miles so I’ve hit the first target already.
      Also, can confirm that it stacks up with the double points promo.

• Excellent! Hoped it would.

• Good news, that’s how it has always worked before with Hilton promos so glad to hear the same again this time! :)

• Ambient says:

I’m getting double hhonors points and double avios, but the double hhonors isn’t double Base points – anyone else?

• What’s it posting as?

• ambient says:

Hey,
            This is the breakdown for my recent stay last week:
            BASE BONUS MILES
            Base Points 12969 0 0
            2016 UNLIMITED BONUS OFFER 0 12969 0
            GOLD VIP BONUS – 25% 2016 0 3242 0
            IBERIA – AVIOS DOUBLE DIP 0 0 1000
            IBERIA AIRLINES – UP TO QUADRUPLE AVIOS 0 0 1000

Not complaining as I think I’ve done quite well out of it but I had thought, perhaps mistakenly, that the “double base points” meant just that!

• Thanks, mine posting OK now too although sometimes the IB bonus seems to post separately.

Don’t quite follow you re double base points, they look numerically correct, do you mean that you thought they’d count towards status? If so, sorry but Hilton don’t offer it that way, it’s always just an equivalent number of points as non-status earning points that they award in these sort of promos.

4. ridiculously stupid question…but should I enter my Iberia account number prefixed with or without the “IB”?

thanks in advance people.

5. where2travel says:

Any idea how to check if the registration has worked. After entering details, you normally get a “You are registered” type message. This time I don’t – it goes onto a separate page with some T&Cs which is promising but not quite the confirmation I was hoping for.

• If you try again, do you get ‘you are already registered’?

• Not sure about others, but I had initial successful registration on my phone (not the usual confirmation message, but something vaguely positive!), however retrying since on the laptop just shows a page that bad the usual Hilton logos, etc but a blank box where the successful message would normally be. Not quote the normal behaviour on Hilton for these promos, but hopefully all good!