No sooner has British Airways confirmed their new weekend services to Europe from Manchester (see here) than BA has announced routes from Birmingham and Bristol this summer.
It is a long time – 10 years for Birmingham – since the BA logo was last seen at a check-in counter at either of these airports.
As with the Manchester service, these flights will use one of the Embraer 190 aircraft which are usually based at London City Airport but which sit idle over the weekend whilst City is closed.
Both airports are gaining the same routes – Ibiza, Malaga, Palma and, a surprise fourth choice, Florence.
All flights operate once a week. The operating dates are 20th May – 30th September 2017 for Ibiza / Palma and 20th May – 28th October for Florence / Malaga.
Here’s the timetable:
Birmingham – Florence
- Outbound 19.20 – 22.40 Saturday
- Inbound 17.10 – 18.35 Saturday
Birmingham – Ibiza
- Outbound 22.10 – 01.45 + 1 Saturday
- Inbound 19.50 – 21.25 Saturday
Birmingham – Malaga
- Outbound 23.05 – 02.55 + 1 Saturday
- Inbound 20.25 – 22.20 Saturday
Birmingham – Palma
- Outbound 23.00 – 02.30 + 1 Saturday
- Inbound 20.40 – 22.15 Saturday
Bristol – Florence
- Outbound 13.10 – 16.25 Saturday
- Inbound 11.05 – 12.25 Saturday
Bristol – Ibiza
- Outbound 15.25 – 18.50 Saturday
- Inbound 13.10 – 14.40 Saturday
Bristol – Malaga
- Outbound 16.00 – 19.40 Saturday
- Inbound 13.30 – 15.15 Saturday
Bristol – Palma
- Outbound 16.30 – 19.55 Saturday
- Inbound 14.15 – 15.45 Saturday
These times don’t match up between inbound and outbound flights because the aircraft are switching between Birmingham and Bristol rotations. The flight which lands in Palma from Bristol at 19.55, for example, returns at 20.40 but heads to Birmingham.
These will be two class flights so Club Europe is an option. That said, the Embraer aircraft used are 2 x 2 seating throughout so the only difference will be lounge access and a free meal.
The flights are available for booking at ba.com. As a minimum, you will have 2 x Club Europe and 4 x Eurotraveller seats available for Avios redemption.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios from current offers and promotions.)