You CAN stack Hilton’s ‘quadruple Avios’ with ‘2000 bonus points per night’ offer

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the new British Airways Executive Club and Hilton Honors mileage deal for the Spring.

At the time, it wasn’t clear if this would double up with the main Hilton Honors ‘2000 bonus points per night’ promotion.  I outlined the ‘2k Every Day’ deal in this article.

I now have enough evidence from readers to know that it does stack.

hilton-ibiza

What does this mean in practice?

What this means is that the Avios promotion now looks well worth signing up for.

The BA / Hilton promotion can be found here if you want to register. It is valid for stays until 30th April.

These are your two choices:

Keep registered for ‘points and points’.  As well as your 10 Hilton Honors base points per $1, you will receive an additional 5 bonus points per $1

or

Change to ‘points and miles’ and set British Airways Executive Club as your mileage partner.  You will receive 1 mile per $1.

If you choose to register for the BA offer, you will receive:

double Avios on your second stay

triple Avios on your third stay

quadruple Avios on your fourth and subsequent stays

Irrespective, you will still receive 2,000 bonus Hilton points for every night as long as you have registered at this page of hilton.com.

Which option is better?

I tend to value a Hilton Honors point at around 0.33p, although I may revise this upwards when I have more experience of how the new redemption system is working in practice.

This means:

Under ‘points and points’, 5 bonus Hilton points is worth 1.66p per $1 spent.

Under ‘points and miles’, 1 Avios per $1 is worth 1p per $1 spent (if you value an Avios point at 1p).  If you will do at least two Hilton stays before the end of April, and so earn 2-4 Avios per $1 as the multiplier kicks in, ‘points and miles’ is better.

Other things to note

There are two other points to note about the Avios offer:

There is a list of non-participating hotels, but the link to the list is dead

In theory, bookings under ‘quadruple Avios’ must be booked via www.honors.com/BAQ12017 – but that URL just loops back to the promo home page.  Readers are telling me that this is not true – they are getting the bonus Avios irrespective of how and when they booked.

Registration links

The registration page for ‘up to quadruple Avios’ is here.

The registration page for ‘2K Every Day’ is here.

(PS.  The photo above shows the impressive 33-room Gran Hotel Montesol in Ibiza which we reviewed here.)

Exclusive: New images of the British Airways 'First Wing' in T5
Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss

Comments

1. Registering and sticking to points&points MAY result in you getting 2x/3x/4x of the 5 points per USD.instead of the 2x/3x/4x of 1 Avios per USD.

2. Alex W says:

Just checked, this ends tomorrow, not today.

Forgot to say above that these factors mean I value virgin miles higher than Avios.

3. The Original Nick. says:

Rob, How does this compare to crediting to your IB account instead?

4. Chris Cannon says:

To be fair, I’ve yet to see simultaneous Hilton offers not stack over the past few years

• Agreed but the scale of HFP readership means I need to be careful making blanket statements.

5. Yep, as I posted on the original article this is how Hilton promos like this work (WA/Conrad per night bonuses were the same) – you’re only giving up 5 points per USD from p+p. Personally I like the 500 AA miles per night offer that’s on just now.

6. Quick hilton related question ! Has anyone had any luck creating a family account so that all the points can be pooled ? I am at a loss how this can be done on the website or is this function not working yet ? Cheers !

7. Ruediger says:

The Hilton stack also works with Miles & More AND Lufthansa credits consistently 1,000 miles in addition to the double / triple / quadruple points. Considering Miles & More points are hard to come by, therefore this is in my opinion a good alternative.

8. Having trouble switching from points&points to points&miles in the website, anyone else?

• That’s the one bit of the Hilton site that has always worked reliably for me! You can also ask reception desk staff to change it.

Remember (I always put this warning on p+m topics!) – you get points credited to the FF a/c you had as preferred AT TIME OF BOOKING. Subsequent changes to your preferred scheme only takes effect on future bookings. If you want to change FF prog for an existing booking then tell staff at check-in and verify it is correct at check-out!!

9. You also get 500 points for booking via the App.

• Crafty says:

Not worth it compared with 12 Avios per £1 for booking through Avios (this weekend only, usually 6).

10. ThinkSquare says:

Is the BA offer link broken? I’m getting
    “An error occurred while processing your request.”

11. ThinkSquare says:

Sounds interesting. How do you get this?

12. I had to contact virgin customer services 3 times before they eventually gave me the 500 points, took MONTHS!

13. Genghis says:

There’s two offers around. One for ME etc and one for the rest of world. I have them on my Santander debit and Halifax Clarity but don’t think the Conrad would count?

• Brighton Belle says:

If only Clarity would give me the same offers I might put some transactions on their card. Every month they send me the same offers for Harvester Restaurants and Europcar.. Whatever algorithm they use to create offers they’re about as tempting as November weekend break in Grimsby.

14. Nicofr68 says:

So made bookings last week, will they be eligible having registered for this new offer or do I have to cancel and rebook?

• They’ll be fine – with Hilton you mainly have to register before checkout.

15. Mr Dee says:

Yes it was the purchase a ticket for a couple of pound for 500 points from last year

16. Mr Dee says: