Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Register now for the new Hilton ‘2000 bonus points per night’ promotion

I wrote a long piece yesterday about the changes to Hilton Honors (now missing the second capital ‘H’ in Honors!).  Today I want to focus on the new Hilton Spring promotion – ‘2K Every Day’ – which has just opened for registration.

To give Hilton credit, it is very straightforward with minimal small print:

You will earn 2,000 bonus Hilton Honors points per night for every night you stay between 1st February and 30th April.

Hilton_Honors_Logo_K

The small print can be summed up as follows:

You need to register in advance via the Hilton website

Both cash and reward nights will earn the 2,000 bonus points, as long as your reward night has an incidental charge added to the bill which triggers base Hilton points

If your stay is not a qualifying stay for base points (eg because you booked via Expedia or another third party) you won’t get the 2,000 bonus points either

I tend to value Hilton Honors points at 0.33p, although this may move up or down when we see full details on the changes to the scheme at the end of February.

You are looking at a bonus of £6.66 per night on that basis.  Given that you will also receive your base points, status bonus etc it could work out nicely.

There is no minimum stay requirement.  Importantly, all Hilton Family properties (Hilton, Hampton, Curio, Waldorf-Astoria, Conrad etc) are taking part – there is no list of non-participating hotels.

You can earn the bonus on two rooms per night, as long as both rooms are booked in your name and the bills are merged together (this is important) so that you only pay one bill.

This is a decent offer and you should make sure you register here if you have any Hilton stays coming up over the next three months.   What your Hilton points will be worth after the end of the month is something we will discuss in future Head for Points articles!

Comments (108)

• Nate says:

Quick question please. Are there any other Hilton offers currently? I had previously signed up for double dip promotion (points plus avios) but wanted to change my preferences to points and points, but wasn’t sure how.

I have two separate 2 night stays – first in April, then in may.

• Alan says:

Yes, there are miles collecting offers on – Loyaltylobby is pretty decent at listing all of them.

• Rob says:

Read the small print on that 5k.

• Alan says:

No, you can change between p+p and p+m whenever you want, including up to 23:59 MST after checkout. It is your airline choice that is set at time of booking and has to be changed at the property.

• Peter Taysum says:

If booking via BA as a holiday, being a partner, does that qualify, in general and for the offer?

• John says:

If you’re referring to this 2K Hilton offer, then no and no, but you might get lucky, make sure your HH number is added when you check in

• Peter Taysum says:

Thanks.

It’s the first time I’ve used BA Holidays for a Hilton booking. I’m gold, thanks to HfP but this will expire I think at the end of this year, and was hoping it would count as a stay, as I’ll likely reach Gold again by the end of the year; I’m tempted by the Diamomd via reward stays, as per HfP, if the new reward program still allows the Doha 5000 point stays…

They’ve arranged airport pick up, and I asked them to add my HH number, so I’ll check it has been added.

• Boi says:

OT: any hotel recommendations in the algarve? Kids on tow…

• James Morrison says:

I have the Hilton Barclaycard; spent the £750 to get a free nights stay and had already booked for last weekend, so had nothing to lose in registering for this bonus.

Despite not spending a penny on Hilton, was rather surprised to see they gave me 2,500 points for redeeming the reward, and 2,000 points for this promotion.

• What's the Point says:

A stay this week did not post the 2,000 points even though I have registered for it. But I got double base points for “2016 HH3 DOUBLE POINTS OFFER”

Anyone else had something similar happen?