Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Register now for the new Hilton ‘2000 bonus points per night’ promotion

UPDATE – JANUARY 2021:  This article is now out of date, but don’t worry.  We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.

Click here for our article on Hilton’s current ‘Points Unlimited’ promotion which runs until 2nd May 2021. You can register for the offer by clicking here.

You will receive a 100% bonus when you buy 15,000+ Hilton Honors points by 5th March. Click here for more details.

I wrote a long piece yesterday about the changes to Hilton Honors (now missing the second capital ‘H’ in Honors!).  Today I want to focus on the new Hilton Spring promotion – ‘2K Every Day’ – which has just opened for registration.

To give Hilton credit, it is very straightforward with minimal small print:

You will earn 2,000 bonus Hilton Honors points per night for every night you stay between 1st February and 30th April.

Hilton_Honors_Logo_K

The small print can be summed up as follows:

You need to register in advance via the Hilton website

Both cash and reward nights will earn the 2,000 bonus points, as long as your reward night has an incidental charge added to the bill which triggers base Hilton points

If your stay is not a qualifying stay for base points (eg because you booked via Expedia or another third party) you won’t get the 2,000 bonus points either

I tend to value Hilton Honors points at 0.33p, although this may move up or down when we see full details on the changes to the scheme at the end of February.

You are looking at a bonus of £6.66 per night on that basis.  Given that you will also receive your base points, status bonus etc it could work out nicely.

There is no minimum stay requirement.  Importantly, all Hilton Family properties (Hilton, Hampton, Curio, Waldorf-Astoria, Conrad etc) are taking part – there is no list of non-participating hotels.

You can earn the bonus on two rooms per night, as long as both rooms are booked in your name and the bills are merged together (this is important) so that you only pay one bill.

This is a decent offer and you should make sure you register here if you have any Hilton stays coming up over the next three months.   What your Hilton points will be worth after the end of the month is something we will discuss in future Head for Points articles!

Earn Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards

How to earn Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards (January 2021)

There are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and MeliaRewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.

American Express Platinum card Amex

The Platinum Card from American Express

30,000 points and an unbeatable set of travel benefits – for a fee Read our full review

Did you know that the Virgin Atlantic credit cards are a great way of earning Hilton Honors points? Two Virgin Points can be converted in three Hilton Honors points. You can apply here.

You can also earn Hilton Honors points indirectly via American Express Gold, the American Express Rewards Credit Card and – for small business owners – American Express Business Gold and Business Platinum.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Hilton Honors points

(Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Comments (108)

• Mark1980 says:

If you have5 reward nights booked in a row, would you need to charge something totheroo each day?

• Mark1980 says:

*to the room. Lord knows what you autocorrect was thinking there

• Rob says:

No. You simply need to have something which triggers base points. This is an IT issue I think – if you have zero spend, the system does not award any base points and so the trigger to award the bonus is not there.

• mark1980 says:

Yes sorry Rob I should have been more clearer, I realise it can be any kind of incidental spend but presume I would need to spend something each night to receive the 2000 points for each night?

• Genghis says:

Not my reading of it

• Rob says:

No. Just once so total bill has £1 on it.

• Alan says:

No – as Rob says you just have to trigger base points on the stay. It’s irrelevant when during the stay you make the charge, just as long as something is triggered that will then make their IT award the bonus points – when awarding points it will then just look at how long your stay was to work out how many multiples of 2k you are due.

• Wally1976 says:

Completely OT sorry. I’ve got a Lloyds upgrade voucher and I want to book a BA redemption flight for family of 4 with 2 in CE (using the voucher) and 2 in ET. Complication is that I want my wife and 1 child to have the CE seats but the voucher is in my name. Is this possible? Thanks.

• Simon says:

why not just book In your name and let them sit in the seats on the day

• Czechoslovakia says:

Book it and just swap seats on the plane, informing the crew, obviously. Done this before in the same situation. Seems a bit of a waste of the voucher though. CE ain’t that different to ET.

• Wally1976 says:

Thanks Simon and Czech; wasn’t sure if this was allowed or not. Yes I realised CE isn’t a great use of the voucher but there’s zero chance of us flying long haul in the next few years!

• Tom H says:

You actually use the voucher for any one, I have used mine for my wife and child for Canada, when I m not flying

• David Lindstrom says:

Does this apply even if the nights was booked before registering or do you have to register before booking?

• Chris says:

Yes, as long as you are registered before checking in.

• Alan says:

As long as you’ve registered before check-out you’ll be fine – see first line of the T&Cs! “Offer valid February 1, 2017, through April 30, 2017 (“Promotion Period”) at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio. Hilton Honors™ members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/BonusPromotion **prior to completing a stay** within the Promotion Period” (emphasis mine)

• clpx says:

An incidental spend on a reward night at a Hampton doesn’t appear to get base points – does anyone know of a way to participate in this offer when staying at a Hampton please?

• Anon says:

My 10k HH pts reward stay at a Hampton in FL, US qualified for the 5k Visa bonus.

2x $1 bags of peanuts from the reception larder did the trick.

10000-(5000+250)=4750/night

Pretty good value for a $114 room 🙂

• Oli C says:

Rob are Hilton including ‘Points and Money’ bookings too? I noticed these weren’t mentioned. By default that would include a cost each night anyway so I presume I wouldn’t need to pay for anything from the minibar. As a Diamond this will stack incredibly well for me in Tallinn in 2 weeks.

• Chris says:

Points and Money bookings are classed as Reward stays. Under the old rules, you don’t get Base points for Points and Money stays. Under the new rules , the new Points and Money rates, supposedly starting at the end of February, will grant Base points for the Money part. In your case, in 2 weeks, to be on the safe side, I would definitely charge some incidentals to the room.

• Rob says:

Tricky. Currently the money bit of P&M does not earn points so you’d need to make a charge.

After 1 March, the new style P&M bookings WILL earn so no incidental charge necessary.

• Oli C says:

Great at least we’re clear, Mars bar it is! Thanks Chris and Rob 🙂

• Renwaldo says:

Slighty OT – my Hilton points are expiring in 2 months and ideally I won’t have to do a mattress run to keep them. Applied for the Hilton VISA some time ago and was rejected, no idea why as I have the IHG card from Creation as well (possibly too many?).

What’s the best way to re-activate the clock on these points, is there a method without staying at one?

• lee says:

Just had Email from Virgin flying club 10% bonus from Tesco Clubcard to flying club Transfers

Dear Lee,
    Take the plunge and start earning miles with your weekly shop. Convert your Tesco Clubcard points into Flying Club miles from 1 February to 15 March 2017 and earn an extra 10% bonus^ on the points that you transferred.

Why not make it really easy and sign up to Auto Convert? It automatically turns all your future Tesco Clubcard points into Flying Club miles, so you can sit back and watch your miles balance soar. See how quickly your trip down the shopping aisles can turn into your next trip to magical foreign shores.

• Genghis says:

My miles balance this quarter certainly wouldn’t be soaring! Certainly a lack of opportunity.
      And 10% bonus? If you need the miles then fair enough but wouldn’t persuade me to convert.

• mark1980 says:

OT but any idea how long IHG Accelerate pointsw take to post after hitting all of your targets? Thanks.

• Genghis says:

As a reference point I had a stay 20 Jan and the relevant points posted yesterday. But IIRC T&Cs say allow 8 weeks.

• Nick Burch says:

My IHG Accelerate dashboard is still showing as no stays / no points earned, but my IHG account is showing the bonus points from one of my challenges from a stay in mid January! Oddly not the January stay bonus, a different one… IHG IT on top form as ever!