Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Register now for the new Hilton ‘2,000 bonus points per night’ promotion

UPDATE – JUNE 2021:  This article is now out of date, but don’t worry.  We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.

Click here for our article on Hilton’s current ‘More Nights More Points’ promotion which runs until 6th September 2021. You can register for the offer by clicking here.

You will receive a 100% bonus when you buy 15,000+ Hilton Honors points by 8th July. Click here for more details.

I wrote a long piece yesterday about the changes to Hilton Honors (now missing the second capital ‘H’ in Honors!).  Today I want to focus on the new Hilton Spring promotion – ‘2K Every Day’ – which has just opened for registration.

To give Hilton credit, it is very straightforward with minimal small print:

You will earn 2,000 bonus Hilton Honors points per night for every night you stay between 1st February and 30th April.

Hilton_Honors_Logo_K

The small print can be summed up as follows:

You need to register in advance via the Hilton website

Both cash and reward nights will earn the 2,000 bonus points, as long as your reward night has an incidental charge added to the bill which triggers base Hilton points

If your stay is not a qualifying stay for base points (eg because you booked via Expedia or another third party) you won’t get the 2,000 bonus points either

I tend to value Hilton Honors points at 0.33p, although this may move up or down when we see full details on the changes to the scheme at the end of February.

You are looking at a bonus of £6.66 per night on that basis.  Given that you will also receive your base points, status bonus etc it could work out nicely.

There is no minimum stay requirement.  Importantly, all Hilton Family properties (Hilton, Hampton, Curio, Waldorf-Astoria, Conrad etc) are taking part – there is no list of non-participating hotels.

You can earn the bonus on two rooms per night, as long as both rooms are booked in your name and the bills are merged together (this is important) so that you only pay one bill.

This is a decent offer and you should make sure you register here if you have any Hilton stays coming up over the next three months.   What your Hilton points will be worth after the end of the month is something we will discuss in future Head for Points articles.

How to earn Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards (June 2021)

There are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.

American Express Platinum card Amex

The Platinum Card from American Express

30,000 points and an unbeatable set of travel benefits – for a fee Read our full review

Did you know that the Virgin Atlantic credit cards are a great way of earning Hilton Honors points? Two Virgin Points can be converted in three Hilton Honors points. You can apply here.

You can also earn Hilton Honors points indirectly via American Express Gold, the American Express Rewards Credit Card and – for small business owners – American Express Business Gold and Business Platinum.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Hilton Honors points

(Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Comments (108)

• HP138 says:

Would the points be triggered for a day stay?

• Alan says:

I doubt it – room rental for a day normally doesn’t count as an eligible stay under Hilton Honors T&Cs – double-check them though.

• thomas says:

OT

I have the usual array of Gold hotel memberships from AMEX Platinum. Does anyone have any reasonably priced recommendations for Copenhagen? Ideally centrally located.

Thanks

James

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

I had a decent enough stay at the Park Inn as a Club Carlson Concierge. Out of town location, but right next to the metro (from the Airport into town). Surprisingly good breakfast, but you won’t automatically get that as a CC gold.

• John says:

The Hilton at the airport is pretty good. If your stay is before the end of April, grab an old-style points and money redemption for 20000HH + DKK574 before this option disappears forever

• the real harry1 says:

O/T sounds like the Aslef vs Southern Railway dispute is over – sure to please a few people here!

Good for connections to Heathrow as well, I guess

• James67 says:

OT: Rob (and others), I recall you were looking to buy Hyatt points for yourJapan trip, if you have not seen this already then goid luck with your bonus…

• jamie says:

hi rob

you gonna be doing an article on BA flightpass?

interested to hear your thoughts.

cheers

• Rob says:

I’ve mentioned it briefly but it is so dependent on how and where you fly that it is difficult to say much about it apart from ‘it exists, it might work for you, it might not’.

• nerock says:

OT – the Virgin Atlantic White American Express and Visa now offers 10000 bonus miles on sign-up, not 3000 as mentioned on the latest credit card update page. The black one is correct at 25000.

• Louise says:

OT – Is the 9000 amex referral still working for referrals from Gold to SPG?

• Sundar says:

Tried searching for this on hfP but couldn’t find it…
    Does anyone know if you use Amex Travel website to book Hilton/IHG/Club Carlson hotels, generally is it considered as “Qualifying” or is it variable by chain ?
    I understand Expedia and few others do not count(due to the big discounts as I understand) but what about Amex ?
    Trying to see if I can club the 50 OFF 200 Amex Gold offer with this or Club Carlson promotion or Accelerate, whichever allows.

• Alan says:

Mainly non-qualifying when paid for in advance from what I’ve seen (vs FHR bookings where you pay at checkout and definitely ate qualifying).

• Rob says:

It should be OK but I suggest you see what sneaky trips Amex can pull on flight tickets they book for you – https://headforpoints.com/2014/04/09/take-care-amex-travel-selling-non-earning-airline-tickets/

I know from working with Propeller in the past that this is prevalent in the flight industry.

Whether they would do the same with hotels (slot in a cheap wholesale room which is non-qualifying when you think you are buying directly from Carlson via an agent) is not known.

• Sundar says:

Yes Rob, when I searched HfP, I came across airline article but wasn’t sure of Hotels.
        Diptest anyone ? Whoever’s doing could report back (I will as well if I do).

• ankomonkey says:

I used a Hilton hotel last year booked through Amex Travel using one of these offers. As Hilton Gold, I received status benefits but no stay points. I didn’t charge anything to the room, so not sure about incidentals earning the 2k points.

• Alan says:

Hmm sounds like it was a non-qualifying stay as I feared. I suspect non-FHR bookings get handled more along the lines of Expedia et al 🙁

• Brian W says:

I’ll gladly charge a beer or two to my room next week and report back!

• Brian W says:

I used the £50 off £200 Amex Travel Offer to book return flights from GLA to LGW and the Hilton at Gatwick Airport next week. I am Hilton Gold and hope to have reception add my Honors # to the booking and thus grab the base points and 2000 offer points. Can’t see a way of adding my Gold A/C details via Hilton.com so hoping reception will agree.

Similar issue with the Amex Travel £50 off deal though as I and others experienced with Naked Wines last year. Total payment was £217 and I got the “you have successfully redeemed the offer” email immediately. Amex Travel then split the payment into two, one for the flights and the other for the hotel so the offer didn’t track. As usual though CS sorted straight away and manually applied the £50 credit. Can never fault them.

• Alan says:

Agree with how good Amex CS are! Be interesting to hear how you get on with stay/points credit, Brian.

• Brian W says:

Sound like they may not come to fruition as per ankomonkey’s comment above but I’ll charge some incidentals to my room and report back if it works.

• Alan says:

Excellent – have a good stay and enjoy the beer – I’m sure it might need a couple just to be certain… 😉

• Sundar says:

Cheers Brian W, enjoy the beer daily if you are staying for more than 1 night 🙂

• Brian says:

I’ve booked a hotel with Amex twice before – once, IHG, no points or stay credit, but status benefits were honoured, the other time with Accor (MGallery), no points, no stay credit, no status benefits. As Alan says, FHR is different.