Earn Avios when you buy your shirts at Charles Tyrwhitt, online or instore

Shirt maker Charles Tyrwhitt has launched a new partnership with avios.com and British Airways Executive Club.

What is interesting about the deal is that it covers their stores as well as online.

The standard earning rate is 4 Avios per £1.  However, until 31st March, you will earn 8 Avios per £1.  This offer is not mentioned on the Tyrwhitt website but is promoted over at avios.com.

You can also save 10% on online orders until 4th April with Charles Tyrwhitt promotional code UKAFB4.

It is a long time since I bought any shirts from Tyrwhitt – my disproportionately large neck compared to my slim waist means I always struggle with fit and I ended up getting some shirts made.  (My view is that you are better off paying for made to measure shirts than a made to measure suit, especially if the suit jacket is just going to sit on a coat hanger all day, but that is a different article for a different site!)

They do offer a large combination of sleeve length and neck combinations, however, so as long as the neck vs waist fit works = and there are the options of classic, slim and extra slim – then you won’t have any trouble getting sleeves that look good.

Charles Tyrwhitt Avios British Airways

How do I earn?

ONLINE:

The Charles Tyrwhitt website is here.  You shop as normal and add your Avios or BAEC number under the ‘About You’ section at check-out.

IN-STORE:

Show your BAEC or avios.com card number at the till.  You don’t need the physical plastic card.

MAIL ORDER:

Tywhitt catalogues will include a box on the order form for you to add your number.

TELEPHONE:

If you ring up to order, the operator can take your card number.

In all case, points will not be credited until 28 days from purchase to allow for refunds.

8 Avios per £1, during this special introductory offer until 31st March, is not a bad deal.  The fact that is stacks with other promotional codes, which Trywhitt release with great frequency, means that the Avios are genuinely an additional bonus.

Bits: UK laptop ban, Hilton Flash Sale, new airberlin business class seat
At last - Waitrose lets you earn airline miles when you shop in-store!

Comments

1. MrCinnamon says:

Great news. Get most of my shirts from CT- fit me well & very decent quality.

2. flibbly says:

I ordered some shirts a couple of weeks ago and noticed the box for my avios/BAEC account number. I added it not knowing whether it would stack with the offer I was purchasing under. No avios shown up yet, but there’s still time….

• MrCinnamon says:

Avios are added 28 days after purchase in order to allow time for returns.

3. Sideysid says:

I prefer CT shirts out of all the typical Jermyn St online shops (not talking about Turnbull and Asser here).

I’m surprised when you say about fit Rob, I am typically a 17-18 inch neck while the extra slim fit is best suited to me. I find because of the variety in cuff lengths CT fit the best.

I tend to go for the luxury, or non-iron as the cotton is thicker and doesn’t crease as easily. I sometimes even go for a ‘tastefully’ blended in with the shirt colour initials monogram, when I need reminding who I am.

With all the cashback options and discount codes you can easily pick up a few shirts that are better quality for less than M&S. Especially those god-awful polyester blend rubbish.

• Genghis says:

I had CT and TM when I was younger but now just go for M&S luxury non iron (mainly white as they then go with any tie – good when travelling), the £45 but 2 for £60 (the ‘offer’ is always on) ones. Excellent quality fabric and when they come out my suitcase after about 10 mins of body heat all the creases have fallen out. Are CT non iron shirts of comparable quality? I’m certainly reviewing my shopping habits this week…

• Same here. Most of my shirts are CT or TML non iron but last year switched to M&S Luxury White when 3 for £90 then buy them when Sparks have a 20% off voucher. M&S are nicer quality and travel better IMO.

4. As a CT wearing Waitrose shopping reader of HfP it’s rather my week!

5. Chris Howe says:

I clicked through Top Cashback, And have recieved both the cashback and the Avios bonus :-)

6. Rob,

Go up a neck size but get slim or extra slim fit. Great shirts and soooo tempted by the deal bu I already have loads… aaagh.

Neil

• David P says:

I have to do this as well. I choose my shirts on how well the collar size fits and then get the slim/extra slim fit to suit my chest. My problem is that most of the extra slim fit shirts tend to come in a narrow range of materials and many are poor quality: M&S/Debenhams/John Lewis are hopeless in this regard, and Moss Bros aren’t much better. I haven’t tried CT’s extra slim fit yet, although I’ve been meaning to get round to it for ages so I should use the offer whilst it’s available.

• Ive had problems with CT sizing…Their extra slim fit seems to be the equivalent of slim fit for other brands. I strongly recommend going into a shop to try out & then buy online.

7. TGLoyalty says:

Tempting especially as I have a £20 off £100 spend AMEX offer

8. I was about to stock up on some shirts and CT were an option, but then i took a chance on a Kirkland (!) shirt from Costco, and its by far the best fit for an off the peg have ever had. CT shirts are on permanent offer and nowhere close to the quality implied by the RRP.

Glad we are talking about made to measure shirts (!), had 2 batches of shirts made in BKK at tailors with high/top Tripadvisor rankings and they are really poor quality. Went to a shop in Hong Kong and the tailor explained the tricks used in BKK, he was proved right, as the Hong Kong shirts remain by far the best quality.

• Graham Walsh says:

Just picked up 3 this evening to see what they are like. Only downside for me is single cuff, I prefer double cuff, but useful as I regularly forget cuff links :)

9. Cash discount over points every time.

A brisk walk through TK Maxx in recent weeks found a stack of CT along with Jaeger shirts for about £10 each.

• My shirts are also a mixture of CT and Kirkland non iron.
      Buying CT in TKMaxx I can imagine it would be tough to find my exact size in.

10. flyforfun says:

You can get discounted CT shirts by typing in the word Dale to the end of the web address. It does change from time to time but its a “welcome back” offer – 3 shirts for £55. However the discount code box is blocked from being used so you can’t claim extra discounts.

You can get the BA Avios points though. I only got 4 per £ so it must have been before the start of the promo. Took 10 days to post through.

When CT was on Gate365 I never saw it less than 8 points per £. So is this a bit of an “enhancement” going direct?

11. Is it just me (entirely possible!) but Charles Tyrwhitt has disappeared from the retailers on both Avios.com and BA Gate 365. Been like that for a number of weeks now. Searching brings up individual products but none of them link through to CT website. Not a huge issue if Avios can be collected directly from CT but seems odd that there’s a promo with a ‘missing’ retailer

• It is a straight switch, I imagine. They don’t want you earning twice (or 3 times, if you include paying on a BA Amex).

• flyforfun says:

Actually, this could be the start of a new trend. Get rid of the Avios and Gat365 portals and just register your details on the supplier site. No worry about cookies tracking and the retailer gets a better view of which of its clients are BA members. They can then do customer profiling better and sell your details on to other retailers looking at that (very lucrative I imagine – shirt buying, BA flying people) market segment.

12. I have identified an issue with this offer. I bought a load of shirts from CT last week, having used them before. At the checkout, it asked me if I had an account. If I’d said no, I would have been presented with the box to add an Avios/BA number, BUT because I said yes, I was prompted to log in, at which point the box to add the Avios/BA number is NOT present. Not knowing they’d joined up with them I did not have reason to log in to the ‘My Account’ section and add my number thus missed out on my Avios. Basically, if you’ve got an account already the option is not given at checkout, or, put another way, loyal returning customers seem to be missing out.

• flyforfun says:

More worryingly, I just logged into my CT account again. I added my BA number when I bought some shirts earlier this month and they have posted.

However today when I check my account details, my number has gone from my booking! It seems you have to go and enter it each time you make an order. “Your membership number may be entered on the checkout page, under the ‘About You’ section.” So you’ll need it every time it seems.

13. It seems that if you exchange an item, it stops the Avios posting. Just had online chat with CT. At first they said because I used a voucher I couldn’t get Avios, I then sent screen shots of the terms and conditions of the Avios offer, which don’t exclude vouchers. He then said that it is in the general CT t&c, although when I pointed out that these didn’t exclude it either he backtracked and said I would still get Avios, but that because I exchanged an item it caused a system error…
    Just to warn people, it isn’t straightforward.

14. IanMacK says:

O/T
    I visit Chennai every month, go round to ‘Western’ store round the corner from Hyatt,
    CT & TML & M&S luxury shirts £8-£11 equiv all styles colours sizes necks arms.
    Also M&S luxury, JL and Ted B shoes £15-£25 per pair
    TB Cassius 4 £25 equiv retail £140-180
    Sorry no orders please !

• the real harry1 says:

or just get them made to measure in HK, Bangkok etc – finest sea island cotton used to be my thing :)

• Any recommendations for good made-to-measure places in HK for a suit and/or shirts? Potential trip in the offing later this year 😛 What’s the rough timescale for them being made?

• the real harry1 says:

sorry Alan just seen this

in HK just ask a HSBC exec (go in 1 Queens Rd Central & seek) which tailor – also shoes to measure very cheap ie was £50 back then so £80 now brogues same as best in UK but fit better

Sam’s seems to ring a bell

suits, shirts, shoes – all better than UK @ 1/3 cost

• the real harry1 says:

24 hours is fine

• Oh wow lol ‘probably be there about 5 days so that’s definitely doable!

• the real harry1 says:

I remember now, they gave us about £1000 budget to get a couple of suits and a few shirts made up, then sent us to Sam’s.

As in – dowdy students, out in HK for training, let’s not depress our clients or our HK team by their uselessness.

So we got a few things made up. One of those shirts was my favourite ever shirt, beautiful sea island cotton (ie double thick) with wonderful deep double dark blue stripes; must have given it to a girlfriend, sadly.

• If you have time on your hands, go to Spencer plaza or few big malls which have a collection of such stores like ‘Western’ – Shoppers Stop, Globus etc, where you may have more options.

15. I ordered a few shirts last week (31/3) and the avios posted on the day of dispatch. Transaction value was £117.45 (including £4.95 delivery and the 10% discount code above and £19.59 of VAT). I got 450 avios, which comes out to about 5.27 avios per £ (assuming they don’t give avios for VAT and delivery, which was always the case), not 8??