7am exclusive: First T5 ‘The First Wing’ pictures as it officially opens

‘The First Wing’ officially opened at Terminal 5 an hour ago.

Here are a few pictures:

The First Wing British Airways Heathrow Terminal 5

and

The First Wing British Airways Heathrow Terminal 5

and

The First Wing British Airways Heathrow Terminal 5

‘The First Wing’, at the far southern end of the terminal, leads directly directly into the Galleries First lounge via a private security lane.  It can be used by ticketed First Class passengers or Gold card / oneworld equivalent cardholders – as long as they only have one guest.  As it opens directly into the lounge, it has to follow lounge access rules.  You can check in there with your family and then use the normal security lanes.

We will be at the official launch later this week so there will be another report on the way, although ironically we are banned from taking any pictures at that!   Thanks to the reader who surreptitiously took these.

Bits: 2400 Avios with a £40 Nerf gun, Nutmeg ISA Avios update
Earn 250 Avios when dining at restaurants - now finally launched

Comments

1. Ammar says:

OT – I had the BA (blue) card but realised I was going to hit the 10k spend so upgrade to the BAPP 2 weeks ago, and have received my companion voucher now. I want to cancel my BA card – will i loose the voucher. I will still have Amex to pay taxes when I use the voucher.

• Genghis says:

Experience has shown that the voucher will remain in your BAEC acct and even if applied and then cancelled should be returned. There have been stories about vouchers being taken away. At your own risk.

• If your Companion ticket is in your BAEC account you won’t lose it by cancelling cards

2. Miguel says:

Wait, can’t you still use the First check-in counters as a Gold BAEC member, and then use the regular Fast Track lanes instead of the dedicated security at the First Wing?

3. Louise says:

OT

Tesco current account applications reopened and new terms

effect from 4 April, our Current Account Guarantee has changed for new applications. To earn 3% AER credit interest on balances up to £3,000 until 1 April 2019, you must now pay in at least £750 per statement month, and pay at least three direct debits each statement month (excluding direct debits to Tesco Bank savings accounts).

• James67 says:

Noticed that too Louise, posted it on bits article.

• Von Schmallhausen says:

Do these changes to the Tesco current account effect existing customers?

• James67 says:

No. They do notbaffect clubcard earnings either, just the 3% interest so if you just want the points simply deposit enough cash to cover shopping and fuel.

4. Gill Empringham says:

I went through here today, having ‘dumped’ my husband and daughter to go through the normal routes. So I went through with my son, so quick and easy… only one small niggle, after security the seating was obviously designed by a tall person, I am 5’7″ and I had to stretch up to get my backside on these seats to put my knee brace back on. But I think all in all a great addition and so quick and smooth! Well done BA!

• Iain Cameron says:

Wow..ok admitidly it is Sunday at 4pm..but from “Hello..welcome to first check in” to walking past strange black horsey lamp..was 5 mins…What a great setup. Unfortuneately..as most of my long haul flights originate ex Dub…that will probably be my one in only time i will use it..but great all the same. Shame I couldnt use it flying from Dub…LHR would be a nicer place to travel through..then I pick up the Sunday Times and read that AC is thinking about ditching free food in Long haul Y….gives with one hand..takes away with the other..oh well.