A quick heads up that the Financial Times is running a very nice competition on its website at the moment.
The link to enter is here (deleted as now over). There is nothing to do except fill in your details.
The full prize is, for two people (and I quote!):
- First class return flight from London to New York on British Airways – bringing you unprecedented levels of sophistication, comfort and refinement
- In-flight complimentary Grand Siècle champagne – the multi-vintage prestige cuvée that is the jewel in Laurent-Perrier’s crown
- Three nights’ accommodation and breakfast at the Crosby Street Hotel, a luxurious boutique hotel in the heart of SoHo
- Dinner at The Crosby Bar, one of SoHo’s most vibrant and exciting restaurants
- A bottle of Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle waiting for you in your room
Closing date is 5th October, one entry per person.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (January 2023)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
In February 2022, Barclaycard launched two exciting new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard cards with a bonus of up to 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
You qualify for the bonus on these cards even if you have a British Airways American Express card:
There are two official British Airways American Express cards with attractive sign-up bonuses:
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 21st February 2023, the sign-up bonus on the British Airways Premium Plus American Express card is increased to 35,000 Avios from 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points.
Run your own business?
We recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card, along with a sign-up bonus worth 10,500 Avios.
SPECIAL OFFER: Capital On Tap has increased its sign-up bonus to points worth 30,000 Avios if you apply by 4th February. This is exclusive to Head for Points readers. Click here to apply.
You should also consider the British Airways Accelerating Business credit card. This is open to sole traders as well as limited companies and has a 30,000 Avios sign-up bonus.
There are also generous bonuses on the two American Express Business cards, with the points converting at 1:1 into Avios. These cards are open to sole traders as well as limited companies.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.