(EDIT, February 2013 – see this post for details of the Spring 2013 Amex / Foursquare offers)
Two days ago I ran this long introductory post to the Amex / Foursquare offers. It attracted a lot of interest – read the comments as well as the main post.
This was the list of deals we knew about on Thursday:
- Harvey Nichols – spend £25, get £25 back (ends 31/12)
- Starbucks – spend £10, get £5 back (ends 13/2/13)
- Tesco – spend £50, get £10 back (ends 31/12)
- Argos – spend £20, get £5 back (ends 31/12)
- Fenwick / Bentalls – spend £50, get £10 back (ends 24/12)
- HMV – spend £20, get £5 back (ends 31/12)
- House of Fraser – spend £50, get £10 back (ends 31/12)
Amex sent me an email yesterday which added some new ones. At the time of writing (yesterday), none of these offers were available on the Foursquare site – hopefully they will appear this morning.
- Urban Outfitters – spend £50, get £25 back (ends 31/12)
- Liberty – spend £50, get £25 back (ends 31/12)
- Nike – spend £50, get £25 back (ends 31/12)
The Amex email also mentioned the Gap deal (spend £10, get £10 back) again. However, this has been pulled from Foursquare so unless you have already checked in there you won’t be able to get it. Perhaps it will be back this morning.
Remember that you need to ‘check in’ to each shop via Foursquare before the discount will work! And you need to repeat this with a new FS account for every Amex card you intend to use.
Liberty is especially interesting. This weeked they have a massive discount promotion instore with up to 20% off. This will combine with the Foursquare deal.
I was in Harvey Nichols yesterday, picking up a £27 bottle of wine. This is by far the most I have ever spent in a shop on a bottle of wine, but as the net cost will only be £2 I thought it was OK!
It is also worth remembering that the Fifth Floor at Harvey Nichols contains a food market, so you could even get £25 of groceries for free. There is also a lot of cookery books up there, plus (oddly) some Time Out guidebooks to New York, London and Paris. Do NOT try to spend your £25 in Yo Sushi, Wagamama or the bar as it may not qualify – it may be possible to buy a £25 HN giftcard at a normal till and use that in the restaurants, though.