blinkbox is an online, downloadable, film and TV rental service – a clone of Netflix or the downloadable LoveFilm option.
Tesco bought blinkbox last year and now seem to be giving it a marketing push. As such, they are offering 1,000 Tesco Clubcard points to the next 10,000 people to sign-up.
The terms and conditions contain a sneaky clause, so watch out. Here is a summary:
- The deal started yesterday (14th January) and runs to January 28th or when 10,000 people have joined
- You must download TWO films before January 28th to trigger the bonus. Simply signing up is not enough.
- You cannot get the bonus if you use an ipad or an Xbox to access blinkbox. Unless you have a very modern TV, you will therefore need to download the two films to your PC. (They can, presumably, be transferred to an ipad to watch later.)
- You can download films to watch later (within 30 days) – indeed, unless you internet connection is fast enough, you have no choice!
- One film must be at the full price of £3.49. The second can be a 99p oldie if you want!
- New customers only
So, a few rules, the iPad one being the most significant. However, for £4.48 it is definitely a decent deal!
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (February 2024)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
In February 2022, Barclaycard launched two exciting new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard cards with a bonus of up to 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
You qualify for the bonus on these cards even if you have a British Airways American Express card:
There are two official British Airways American Express cards with attractive sign-up bonuses:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points. These points convert at 1:1 into Avios.
Run your own business?
We recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card, along with a sign-up bonus worth 10,500 Avios.
You should also consider the British Airways Accelerating Business credit card. This is open to sole traders as well as limited companies and has a 30,000 Avios sign-up bonus.
There are also generous bonuses on the two American Express Business cards, with the points converting at 1:1 into Avios. These cards are open to sole traders as well as limited companies.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.