Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

1,000 Clubcard points (2,400 Avios) for £4.48 via blinkbox!

blinkbox is an online, downloadable, film and TV rental service – a clone of Netflix or the downloadable LoveFilm option.

Tesco bought blinkbox last year and now seem to be giving it a marketing push.  As such, they are offering 1,000 Tesco Clubcard points to the next 10,000 people to sign-up.

Here is the sign-up page you need.

blinkbox

The terms and conditions contain a sneaky clause, so watch out.  Here is a summary:

• The deal started yesterday (14th January) and runs to January 28th or when 10,000 people have joined
  • You must download TWO films before January 28th to trigger the bonus.  Simply signing up is not enough.
  • You cannot get the bonus if you use an ipad or an Xbox to access blinkbox.  Unless you have a very modern TV, you will therefore need to download the two films to your PC.  (They can, presumably, be transferred to an ipad to watch later.)
  • You can download films to watch later (within 30 days) – indeed, unless you internet connection is fast enough, you have no choice!
  • One film must be at the full price of £3.49.  The second can be a 99p oldie if you want!
  • New customers only

So, a few rules, the ipad one being the most significant.  However, for £4.48 it is definitely a decent deal!

Comments (21)

• mikeact says:

It’s a darn site easier and more reliable to sign up with Blockbuster on line…get your rental DVD’s and copy them straight onto your laptop fready or the train journey to work…Netflix, Blinkbox and the others don’t allow the option to ‘save’ any film rented…so waste of time IMHO.

• mikeact says:

I take it back….I guess I can watch a rental on the train ?

“Thank you for contacting us here at blinkbox with regards to your query.
    With regards to your query, once you download the title to your PC / Laptop you will need to initiate playback to acquire the licensing.
    Once the license is acquired you will be able to view the content off-line.
    Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused”

But how long does it take to download ?

• trickster says:

Any one know if you can stream it to a DLNA compatible device (TB, Bluray, etc) once downloaded? Our TV doesn’t have a blinkbox app, and I don’t have any other devices other than the laptop or PC

• Mike Turnbull says:

Total and utter rubbish…. far too restrictive in its offering. I shall carry on with Blockbuster on line at certainly no more cost…….rent DVDs, copy straight onto my PC and then move them over to my Galaxy Tab 10…..dead simple and easy and no ridiculous 48hr watching limit.

• Stewart says:

The T&Cs have now changed due to the demand. It now states:

First 15,000 qualifying customers only (increased from original stated volume of 10,000 to meet the high demand of this promotion).

So once a company has reacted to positive demand and extended the offer rather than withdraw it quickly. I hope this means everyone who signed up straight away has therefore qualified.

• Jonathan says:

Not sure if its just me but the cheapest film I can see is £2.49, still a good deal for 2400 miles though.

• Jonathan says:

Well signed up and downloaded two films today 17th Jan 2013, it says I’ve gained 5 clubcard points for the two films so not sure if I’ve missed out on the deal or not as it doesn’t tell you. I’m sure it will be at Tesco’s discretion whether they honour it or not.