Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New Amex / Foursquare deal launched!

A new Foursquare and American Express promotion has slipped out, without most people being aware of it.

The deal is with Harrods, again, and unfortunately is not as generous as the previous offer.

The new Foursquare deal gives you a £25 credit on your American Express statement when you spend £100.  The deal runs until 30th April.

Foursquare

It certainly isn’t as generous as the last deal, which gave you £25 back on just £50 of spend.  However, if you spend a lot in Harrods in general, it is worth picking up a few £100 gift cards to benefit from the £25 rebate.

You should also remember that the Shell deal continues until 18th April.  This gives you a £15 rebate when you spend £50 in a Shell petrol station.  Even if you don’t need fuel, this can be a decent deal if your local Shell garage sells gift cards – quite a few people have found Amazon gift cards in Shell garages, for example.

If you are new to Foursquare, full details of how to register for Foursquare promotions and sync your Amex card can be found in this Head for Points post.

Comments (24)

• Rob says:

With an Amex-issued Amex, you should get a message on Foursquare within literally an hour of making the purchase. With other cards, it is hit and miss in my experience whether a message turns up.

I once got an email from FS confirming a purchase as well, but only once!

• Roger says:

We were away in February so missed that month’s FS offers. Our experience is with the Debenhams offer in March.

Between us, Mrs Roger and I used 11 cards. We had precisely zero e-mail notifications. Checking online, all four ‘real’ AmEx cards posted credits after about 4 days including a weekend. Six MBNA cards posted 1-2 days later. Thus far, 10/10. 🙂

The 11th was my Lloyds TSB. (Yawn.) They don’t seem to want me as an online customer so I will only find out when our next snailmail statement arrives.

• David says:

How did you signup to foursquare with a made up (if that is what you mean by fake) email address?

If you did not not signup to foursquare and/or it was not a working address, I would contact Amex to get them to remove the association, so you can associate it (sync it) with a working email address.

• Rob says:

These are the only Foursquare / Amex that seem to be running at the moment. Fenwicks and Debenhams finished on 31st March, Banana Republic finished in February I think. I will post details of new deals as and when they are launched.

• Mike Turnbull says:

Is there asoftware bug with the current Shell offer ? if I’m asked to check in any more times before I can load to card, I shall go mad !

• Koshka says:

Finally got around to doing the Shell one today. Whitechapel, London only had gift cards for Argos, B and Q, New Look, iTunes and Next so I gave it a miss. Old Street had Debenhams and Boots as well so I went for those. Foursquare notifications received almost instantly. I loaded these weeks ago for a completely different station and didn’t have to check in again.

• Craig Shaw says:

Is anyone else having a battle with Amex about Debenhams 4SQ credits? They have charged us the £25 credits all over again across two a/c plus supplementary cards.