Yesterday I wrote a long post about the new bonus on the Lloyds TSB Duo Avios credit cards. You will get 15,000 Avios for taking out the free cards, and 20,000 Avios for the ‘Premium’ cards with the £50 annual fee.
I mentioned in that post that Quidco was offering £20 cashback for the free card. It turns out that the Premier card is also on Quidco at £20.
Cashback site TopCashback also offers cashback on these cards, but it is not as high (£5 and £10) as Quidco.
As I posted last month, TopCashback now lets you take your cashback as Tesco Clubcard points! Instead of receiving a £10 cashback payment into your bank account, they will send it to Tesco and issue it as Clubcard points, whilst giving you a 5% bonus on top to boot.
What I forgot when I wrote yesterdays post is that TopCashBack has a cashback guarantee that promises to match any other site (ie Quidco!).
So … this is how you should apply for the Lloyds Avios cards:
1. Join TopCashback! If you use this link here, Head for Points receives £10 cashback when you join. (Unfortunately, there is nothing extra in it for you, but I do appreciate it – remember that you receive Head for Points totally free! There is no other referral offer which gives you a sign-up bonus.)
2. Use their cashback links here to apply for the Lloyds Avios cards
3. Take a screenshot of the Quidco cashback rates here and here
4. Follow the cashback guarantee process to get your cashback increased to £20 once it has tracked
5. Once you have received the £20, have TopCashBack pay it to Tesco instead of your bank account
6. Your £20 cashback will become, with the 5% Tesco conversion bonus, £21 of Clubcard points
7. You will be able to convert your £21 of Clubcard points into 5,040 Avios points or 5,250 Virgin Flying Club miles! If you save your vouchers for the next conversion bonus, you will receive 40%-50% more Avios on top!