Yesterday I wrote a long post about the new bonus on the Lloyds TSB Duo Avios credit cards. You will get 15,000 Avios for taking out the free cards, and 20,000 Avios for the ‘Premium’ cards with the £50 annual fee.
I mentioned in that post that Quidco was offering £20 cashback for the free card. It turns out that the Premier card is also on Quidco at £20.
Cashback site TopCashback also offers cashback on these cards, but it is not as high (£5 and £10) as Quidco.
As I posted last month, TopCashback now lets you take your cashback as Tesco Clubcard points! Instead of receiving a £10 cashback payment into your bank account, they will send it to Tesco and issue it as Clubcard points, whilst giving you a 5% bonus on top to boot.
What I forgot when I wrote yesterdays post is that TopCashBack has a cashback guarantee that promises to match any other site (ie Quidco!).
So … this is how you should apply for the Lloyds Avios cards:
1. Join TopCashback! If you use this link here, Head for Points receives £10 cashback when you join. (Unfortunately, there is nothing extra in it for you, but I do appreciate it – remember that you receive Head for Points totally free! There is no other referral offer which gives you a sign-up bonus.)
2. Use their cashback links here to apply for the Lloyds Avios cards
3. Take a screenshot of the Quidco cashback rates here and here
4. Follow the cashback guarantee process to get your cashback increased to £20 once it has tracked
5. Once you have received the £20, have TopCashBack pay it to Tesco instead of your bank account
6. Your £20 cashback will become, with the 5% Tesco conversion bonus, £21 of Clubcard points
7. You will be able to convert your £21 of Clubcard points into 5,040 Avios points or 5,250 Virgin Flying Club miles! If you save your vouchers for the next conversion bonus, you will receive 40%-50% more Avios on top!
Want to earn more points from credit cards? – October 2022 update
If you are looking to apply for a new credit card, here are our top recommendations based on the current sign-up bonuses.
In February 2022, Barclaycard launched two exciting new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard cards with a bonus of up to 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
You qualify for the bonus on these cards even if you have a British Airways American Express card:
You can see our full directory of all UK cards which earn airline or hotel points here. Here are the best of the other deals currently available.
EDIT: Until 25th October 2022, there is an exceptionally generous sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card. You will receive 60,000 Membership Rewards points – double the usual amount – and £200 to spend at Amex Travel. You need to spend £6,000 within six months to earn the bonus.
British Airways American Express Premium Plus
25,000 Avios and the UK’s most valuable card perk – the 2-4-1 voucher Read our full review
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold
Your best beginner’s card – 20,000 points, FREE for a year & two airport lounge passes Read our full review
The Platinum Card from American Express
60,000 points (SPECIAL OFFER), £200 travel credit and unbeatable benefits – for a fee Read our full review
Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Mastercard
15,000 points bonus and 1.5 points for every £1 you spend Read our full review
Earning miles and points from small business cards
If you are a sole trader or run a small company, you may also want to check out these offers:
American Express Business Platinum
40,000 points sign-up bonus and a long list of travel benefits Read our full review
American Express Business Gold
20,000 points sign-up bonus and free for a year Read our full review
British Airways Accelerating Business American Express
30,000 Avios sign-up bonus – plus annual bonuses of up to 30,000 Avios Read our full review
Capital On Tap Business Rewards Visa
10,500 points bonus – the most generous Avios Visa for a limited company Read our full review
For a non-American Express option, we also recommend the Barclaycard Select Cashback card for sole traders and small businesses. It is FREE and you receive 1% cashback on your spending.