Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

6.25 Avios per £1 when you shop at Bicester Village!

Back in September, I wrote a piece about Bicester Village, who had joined as a British Airways Executive Club partner.

Everything you need to know about Bicester, including my trip report out there (!), can be found in this Bicester Village post.

Bicester Village

Until August 15th, you can earn 500% more Avios than usual!

At Bicester, you will earn 25 Avios points for every £4 you spend.  At the European outlets owned by the same group, you will earn 25 Avios for every Euro 4 you spend, which is an even better deal.

All you need to do is to present your British Airways Executive Card and your receipts at the Welcome Centre before you leave.

Do try to avoid visiting Bicester at the weekends, though, as I’m not sure the stress would be worth even 500% bonus Avios!

Comments (11)

• Sideysid says:

Was thinking of getting a Tag watch there, this maybe the ideal time…

• Sinizter says:

Would buying gift cards / gift vouchers qualify for this offer ?
    The small print doesn’t exclude them.

I’m not sure any amount of Avios could tempt me to go to this place on a weekend. The last time I went, the only reason I got parking was that someone pulled out of a space right in front of me. I saw the cars ahead and behind circle the car park multiple times before they could park up. And it is a very large car park.

• Nick Burch says:

Driving there is a nightmare, as is parking. Bicester Town station is right next to the shopping centre (trains from Oxford), and there’s a shuttle bus from Bicester North station (trains from London / High Wycombe / Birmingham). Alternately, quite a few buses stop nearby the village, such as the X5 Oxford / MK / Bedford / Cambridge. Otherwise, on a sunny day, it’s a very nice cycle from Oxford!

• Sayad says:

A colleague of mine spent £900 there on Tuesday, didn’t know about this until I read your post this morning. Could we get the points added retrospectively if we went back with our receipts and BA Exec membership card?

• Rob says:

In theory no – the rules say the receipts must be presented the same day. You could post your receipt to the Welcome Centre with your BA number and ask nicely, nothing to lose!

• Sinizter says:

It might still be possible to get the normal rate retrospectively. But not the promo rate as it is clearly excluded.

• flyforfun says:

I haven’t had a new card in a few years (just a humble blue) . Will it matter that it’s “expired” or can I show them my phone app with the details on?

• Darren Ashpole says:

Also if you have an AA Membership card theoretically you can get a 10% VIP discount booklet (haven’t tried it myself) through the AA’s affiliation to ARC Europe.

• creampuff says:

$%&*-me!

I just bought a Todd bag there and I didn’t know about this and so didn’t do anything!

• Sinizter says:

Retro claim for the points. You should get atleast the normal points – which can be retroclaimed as per terms and conditions even if they do not award the promotional rate (which specifically excludes retroclaims).

• sarah gorman says:

I’m in the same position with receipts and money spent before I knew about this at all. Will try and retrospectively claim just normal points, does anyone know whether this can be done online/ remotely?