Virgin Money

Did you play the Tesco ‘My Kitchen’ game a few weeks ago? Points posted.

On September 1st, I wrote about the Tesco ‘My Kitchen’ promotion, running exclusively on Facebook.

The original post is here.

Tesco My Kitchen

They were giving away 2,000 prizes of 500 points.  And, as I wrote originally:

It all sounds a little odd to me!  However, one thing is clear – 1 million Clubcard points is a lot of points.  And, as this is a new scheme, there are unlikely to be that many people involved at the beginning.  Your odds of picking up a prize should not be too bad – there are 2,000 prizes of 500 points.

And, lo and behold, 500 Clubcard points posted for me yesterday.  If you took part in this game, have a look at your Clubcard account – you may have a little present waiting for you.

The game is still running, so if you haven’t visited the site yet you still can.  Even those who have already won should pop back to try to pick up another 500 points next quarter.

Avios and RAC to announce a new partnership tomorrow
Iberia's new A330 business class seat and the Velazquez lounge reviewed

Comments

1. gnarlyoldgoatdude says:

I think the points for “RECYCLING COUNTS” relate to the Coca Cola offer.

It’s amazing how many random offers Tesco have running concurrently.

2. got the 500 prize too but missing the Recycling though! anyway, 500 is better than 25!! now we are ready to carry on for the next one! 🙂

3. How are you guys getting over the problem of expiring CC vouchers? i’ve got around £60 expiring next month

Great site Raffles and thanks for the referral!

• You need to transfer the smallest possible amount (ie £2.50) per voucher to Avios, Virgin or another deal, using a separate transaction for each. The rest then goes back into your account as ‘change’.

If you have, say, 6 x £10 vouchers then you need to do 6 separate redemptions, each of £2.50. £45 will be reissued next time with a further 2 years validity.

• Thanks! i was thinking along those lines…will hold off til next month. maybe a bonus will pop up!

4. wilfred47 says:

on tesco direct just now theres 2 dvd pre orders for 18. if you put 2 family guy season 1-12 you will get it for 18 saving 254. only seems to work on 2 dvds the same not mixing them.

5. Guesswho2000 says:

Excellent, got the 500 and the 25 – wasn’t expecting the recycling ones to post, since their website had issues with the shorter club card number on the Tesco CC – I just added 2 zeros to the front, couldn’t be bothered with the effort of finding an old standard club card just for 25 points, but wasn’t sure whether it’d work!

6. Flashware says:

500 received here too 🙂

7. Did anybody NOT win 500 points?!

8. pazza2000 says:

500 here also, good tip!

9. tonybobs says:

Not me. 🙁

10. 1967stuart says:

Good news as both my wife and I won 500 points each. Thanks again

11. Stewart says:

Just joined Facebook and need to add the app my kitchen to grab the clubcard points how do I do this

Regards

12. gnarlyoldgoatdude says:

Dear gnarlyoldgoatdude

Congratulations! You are a lucky winner of the My Kitchen Clubcard points quarterly prize draw that featured on the Tesco My Kitchen app.

Your fabulous prize is 500 Clubcard points. Please allow up to 6 weeks for the points to show in your account.

• Odd, I’ve had no email. And because Tesco zero’d accounts last week, anyone checking their balances won’t see the 500 points!

13. Simmonds87 says:

I’ve just had an email from Tesco saying I’ve won 500 points! (saying allow for points to be posted upto 6 weeks from now) Let’s hope that is for the new quarter, meaning an easy 1000 points in a matter of weeks!

• vindaloo says:

I think this e-mail must refer to the previous quarter. A bit strange saying allow six weeks for the points to post given that they actually posted two weeks ago, but entry for the next quarter doesn’t close until 24 December so they can hardly be dishing out the prizes already.

• Simmonds87 says:

Yea its a strange way to let me know! – However I have 8 entries this time to the next draw, so fingers crossed!

14. Mine’s only just come too. better late than never!

15. vindaloo says:

So I was also a “lucky” winner and received the e-mail just now. I’ve logged in and it seems I have two entries in the next draw without having to do anything further. It doesn’t seem like it’s worth too much effort to get extra hats and hence extra entries, since there’s a good chance just being in it will again be sufficient, so I guess there’s no real need for those of us who entered last time to do anything at all except wait for the next draw?