Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

British Airways e-store relaunched as the Gate 365 online shopping mall

British Airways Executive Club has relaunched its online shopping portal as Gate 365, as it begins to feel the pinch from cashback sites and competing online points malls.

The old estore was not very well integrated with ba.com and required you to log-in again even if you were already signed in to BAEC.  The new site has better integration which avoids the need for a double log-in.  It also welcomes you by name.

Gate 365

There is also a reminder on the site about which retailers accept British Airways American Express cards.

I couldn’t see any signs of any special offers to promote the relaunch, but I would expect something to appear as we head into the main Christmas shopping period.

The link to access the store directly is shopping.ba.com

Comments (16)

• Linda says:

I used it yesterday to make a purchase. It was painfully slow in transferring you to the retailer’s sites.

• Rob says:

… and an Apple Store purchase I did on Tuesday hasn’t tracked yet!

• Jamie says:

Made a purchase at Selfridges when the 50% more avios promotion was on and it didn’t track. First time it’s happened to me so wonder if the upgrade has had an impact.

• James67 says:

Not very inspiring or memorable branding. Doubt we will see the frequebt 1000s of bonus miles MP and AA offer but we can live in hope.

• Scott says:

I only really use it for Tesco Direct these days as there’s not much there of interest to me.
    Did use it in the past for Elemis but since it dropped from 12 Avios per £ to 2 or 4, it’s better to go elsewhere where I can save 10-20% quite easily.
    John Lewis are either far more expensive that other places or just don’t stock what I want.
    Gift cards from Tesco give a better return on Avios for House Of Fraser etc.

I buy things like running shoes and there’s no real option for these so I go via Virgin Atlantic’s store if the price is right (although sometimes there’s a 10-20% premium by not going direct i.e. travel insurance)

• Oliver says:

They could have just done some bonuses and gave us some actual value rather than the dreaded rebrand that does nothing new

• squills says:

It was a small window of opportunity on my ticket as it has now gone up £50, however that’s still a fair bit cheaper (with hand luggage only) than before (with checked-in).

• squills says:

OK thanks, missed out on £13 then lol but got the ticket, they were going like hotcakes last night.

• squills says:

Raffles it is strange though, going thru the hand luggage only portal, there are other days on my route where I could buy a single ticket for £69 (or £79 with checked in allowance). But going thru the normal Avios portals, I couldn’t buy those same tickets with Avios. Normally anything costing £90 on my route would also be available as an Avios redemption.

• squills says:

Well I know I’m talking to myself here but suddenly Avios tickets opened up on the May/June half term hols on my European route, been checking for a while & none last couple of months. Not sure if it is related to hand luggage only allocation of cheapo tickets to take on Ryanair/ EasyJet – but I grabbed 5 quick as a flash, going out on the first Saturday of the school hols again.

• Brendan says: