On Monday, I featured Hilton’s ‘Any Weekend, Anywhere’ sale. You can book a weekend night at any hotel in the Hilton family, for any Friday, Saturday or Sunday between now and the end of 2014, for 33% off the standard rate.
Club Carlson has launched a similar sale in retaliation! This covers Radisson Blu and Park Inn properties and, importantly, only covers the UK and Ireland.
The deal is:
Book before 31st January 2014
Book for any Friday, Saturday or Sunday night before 31st August 2014
Saving will be 30% off (Radisson) or up to 50% (Park Inn) off the standard Bed & Breakfast rate
No minimum stay required
Prepayment required with no refunds
There are a few exceptions:
- Offer not applicable at Radisson Blu London Portman, Radisson Blu Athlone and Radisson Blu Sligo.
- Offer not applicable at Radisson Blu Edwardian hotels
- Offer available on Thursday nights at Radisson Blu Cardiff
- Offer available 7 days a week at Radisson Blu Edinburgh, Radisson Blu London Stansted Airport and Hotel Missoni Edinburgh
Some hotels also have black-out dates.
I looked at a few Radisson Blu test dates, and rates were up to 10% lower than the usual ‘Advanced Purchase’ rates, PLUS you get breakfast included with these sale rates. There are slim pickings in London, however, due to the exclusion of the Radisson Edwardian properties.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (November 2020)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Promos’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)