Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Last chance to get 25,000 Avios sign-up bonus with the Starwood Amex

Just a quick heads up that tomorrow is the last day to apply for the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express card with the current 20,000 point bonus.  This can be transferred into 25,000 airline miles with most airlines including BA and Virgin.

Full details of the offer are in this article here.  My full review of the card is here.  The official Amex page is here.

SPG Amex

Remember that you can still get the bonus on this card even if you already have a Platinum, Gold, Nectar, Green or British Airways Amex card (or indeed any MBNA or Lloyds Amex card).

(To see our complete list of all current credit card bonuses, click here to visit our ‘Credit Cards Update’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Comments (58)

• MKB says:

Annoyed that I’ve had Raffles’ referral link sitting in my inbox for a month, and just went to do the application to find the offer has been pulled early, as others have also found. Lesson learned not to trust Amex in future about closing dates for promotions.

• Georgie says:

Same problems as everyone else with this card. Once I have finally got those points sorted, I will be cancelling this card for good as it’s too much grief in phone calls to get what you are due. I will be welcoming back the AMEX gold.

• Ian says:

My wife just cancelled her card. When can she apply again? Is the same 6 months as per the other Amex?

• stuartB says:

Growing very tired of waiting for my joining bonus now ! My minimum spend was completed on November 26th, appeared on the December spend, and was paid in full on December 30th.

I was PROMISED PROMISED PROMISED that the points would be awarded at midnight last night. Nope! I have read them the riot act this morning and it is now being investigated (again).

Separately, there is an ongoing issue linking my Amex SPG card to my SPG account, so no points are sweeping across. Seems it may be related to slightly different address entries in each account which have now been rectified.

• Matthew says:

My 20,000 points appeared in my AMEX account but still 0 points in my SPG account….which should have over 40,000 in it now! Missing out on award tickets with the wait 🙁

• Rob says:

They haven’t got your SPG number or there is an address mismatch.

Amex should zero out 6 days before your statement date and they appear at SPG 2 days later.

You must have a charge of over £1 on your SPG statement for the transfer to happen.

• AndyGWP says:

Big news / update from me….

Like others, I accumulated approx 2k(+) points thru normal expenditure on this card, and they never moved over to Starwood, they just disappeared from Amex and never appeared anywhere else.

Chased the first month and they said they’d look into it
    Chased the second month and they completely replicated the address on my SPG account (think there was only a minor difference)

3rd statement dropped the other day, and the 2k(+) points have magically appeared and moved into SPG.

20k bonus is also now sat in my Amex account waiting for the next statement to move over.

I’ll be doing some small expenditure on the card shortly, to hopefully keep the point transfers ‘alive’