Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Earn 1,500 Clubcard points (3,600 Avios) on £60 Tesco grocery spend!

It is a couple of months since there has been a decent promotional code for Tesco grocery shopping.  There used to be a steady flow of them which made it an easy way of picking up Avios points.

This impressive offer has now appeared:

1,500 bonus Clubcard points on a £60 grocery spend

Code is XXPJPY

Code expires 30th June

I need to say straight up that this code is not working on all accounts.

From reports elsewhere there does not seem to be a pattern.  It seems that it works either if you have never had a grocery order before on your account or if you have not ordered groceries for a while.  It worked fine for me but I have not done a Tesco grocery order for at least a year.

The quickest way to see if it works is to go to the Tesco grocery site and do a dummy order for £60 (search for ‘veuve’ and put two bottles in your basket!).  Click checkout, select a random delivery slot, go to the payment page (do not put in a credit card number) and enter the code.  The box is halfway down the payment page.

If it has worked, you will see this on your screen:

rsz_1rsz_1tesco

The voucher is then stored on your account.  You do NOT need to complete the dummy order – the code will still be there if you do another grocery order later on.

If the code does not work on your account, you may want to consider opening a new Tesco Clubcard account just for this transaction.  If you are in a BA household account then it might be less risky to use the name of someone else in your household account and send the Avios to them.

If you don’t want to order your groceries from Tesco, consider spending £60 on some wine, nappies, dishwasher tablets or other expensive branded items which you buy anyway.  It is a very easy 3,600 Avios or 3,750 Virgin Flying Club miles if you only buy items you need anyway.

(Want to boost your Clubcard points?  Click here and scroll down to the Clubcard logo to see our list of current promotions.)

Comments (82)

• blackjackburger says:

Haven’t ordered from Tesco online for ages and ages. Tried what was my ‘regular’ account and wasn’t accepted. Other two accounts which I use even less worked a treat. The £12 & £15 off were also accepted but wouldn’t double up.

• Mummy55 says:

If you spend £20 on household use code GRMNNM to get £5 off! Works with the extra points code so £60 becomes £55 plus1560 points.

• SouthernEM says:

Thanks, I jumped in and very happy to collect the points. I’m counting on y’all to tell me when there is a bonus to dump them to Avios. I’m saving up although I did convert enough to enter the recent competition. If not me, I hope one of HP peeps win.

• Doog1000 says:

Had delivery yesterday and bonus points have not posted – is this typical?

• Neil says:

Did they appear on your list that the driver gave you? they normally take 1-2 days to post to your account but they probably wont post if they don’t appear on the clubcard points earned summary on the receipt the driver handed you.

Has anyone else used the code and the points have appeared on the drivers receipt?

• Graeme says:

A bit late to the party, but this has just worked for us too. Thanks Raffles!

• Errol says:

I am not targeted by this offer, and I did a dummy purchase on Friday and the code worked. I came back today and did a proper shop…and the code failed. Not sure what to conclude from this but thought it was worth alerting people.

• Errol says:

I take it back – I’m an idiot ! I was working off a scrap of paper and couldnt read my own writing. I just updated the order and the code worked fine. Nice find Raffles.

• Chantal Maftah says:

Am a bit of a newbie to converting my Clubcard points into Airmiles so with this offer and the monthly draw I have just added 3625 extra air miles in 1 morning so am very happy!!
    OK I only have 20,400 air miles altogether now so cant get very far yet but will keep plugging away!

• Gabbai says:

Just stopped working! This product is currently not available – both chillies and okra