Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

A Tesco to Avios conversion bonus – but targeted!

Good news!  Tesco has launched a ‘Clubcard to Avios’ conversion bonus!  The bad news is that it is strictly targeted to a few people, seemingly people who have not converted to BA or avios.com before.

This is the deal:

Exchange £5 of Clubcard vouchers to BA or avios.com before 7th September

You will receive 6,000 Avios instead of the usual 1,200 Avios

As you can see from the accompanying logo on the emails …

Tesco pic

…. Avios is promoting this as a ‘Part Pay With Avios’ opportunity.  They are NOT suggesting that you use the Avios for free flights – which is a good job, as 6000 won’t get you far!

This is the text:

For every £2.50 in Clubcard vouchers you exchange, you’ll usually receive 600 Avios. But as a specially selected Clubcard customer, if you exchange £5 in Clubcard vouchers by 7 September, we’ll top up your balance to 6,000 Avios. That’s enough for £40 off a pair or £20 off two British Airways flights to a European destination.

I doubt many HFP readers will have got this.  If you did get it on the account of a family member, you might want to do it and then create a Household Account with that person – or simply use their account to book a redemption or get the discount for yourself.

Comments (52)

• Adam says:

Avios have messaged a day later after not knowing about this offer with now a statement saying there is another offer inconjunction with Tesco for only invited people via an email. Nothing stated by them about non conversions, ave asked who to contact if no email received.

• James says:

The other half has never converted to avios/BA and got no email. I converted a fiver and got the usual 1200 avios….

• Stephen F says:

Wife got the email & assume my mum probably did too (I accidentally deleted the email address when changing hosting so I couldn’t check) so I did £5 for each.

Converted as 1200 avios each! When you click the email link it takes you to the same avios page that everyone sees, ie 9000 avios competition etc, no mention of 6000 bonus for £5 so it was a gamble.

My wife should have got hers so I will complain. Pretty mad really.

• Adam says:

Avios on facebook asked us to email them our account details and they would look into why we didnt get the email as we have never converted before to avios from tesco vouchers,
    Response today was basically if you did not receive the email then your not on their list and wont get the promotional offer. So for anyone who didnt get the email, you wont get the bonus avios by converting before the offer end date in tesco vouchers 🙁

• Mark Smith says:

I got the email, converted and only got 1200 Avios. Disappointed if it was capped to 150,000 people and I missed out, as I’m fairly sure that was not made obvious to me.

• lindap says:

I converted my first Tesco vouchers to Avios on the 16th August, they have just posted, i did an online chat asking about the targeted offer and the agent just said we have over four million collectors tough. Nice customer loyalty. One point though I also did a purchase through shops online and they gave me 50% extra AVIOS, so that I suppose was a nice surprise.