Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Amex offer at London Westfield’s – £20 off £100 spend

American Express is running a promotion with both of the mega Westfield shopping malls in London.

Until 31st August, which does not give you long, you will receive a £20 statement credit when you spend £100.

Unlike most Amex promotions, the £100 spend does NOT need to be at one single store.  You can shop at a mixture of stores, on different days if necessary.

Westfield

Frankly, the easiest thing to do is to buy £100 of gift vouchers at a participating outlet.  Waitrose is participating, for example, so buying £100 of John Lewis / Waitrose gift cards (yes, they have finally started doing plastic gift cards and got rid of the paper vouchers!) is an easy one.

I won’t be back in the UK before the 31st, unfortunately.  If I was I would be tempted to register every Amex card I can find and buy £100 of Waitrose vouchers on every card, given we shop there every week.

The site to register, and which also has the list of participating stores, is here.

Comments (84)

• JQ says:

Got the £20 back for spends on Sunday where the £100 was all at one store, but not where it was from a mixture of stores. All transactions have posted. How long should I leave it before sending them a secure message?

• Trevor says:

You should wait a much longer time and not be too impatient – there is no rush! The card issuers besides Amex would most likely not have even posted the transaction to your statement yet, nevermind a refund. Sometimes they come within a few days and very often longer, while their t&c’s state it can take up to 2 billing cycles, so you have no grounds to complain or demand just yet.You should wait at least a month.

• JQ says:

I wasn’t about to complain or demand anything! It would just have been a polite question… anyway the statement credit has come through today 😀

Was just a bit concerned as all the transactions that went through said e.g. Waitrose *Westfield* but the ones that took a day longer were small amounts adding up to 10 merchants which all were located in White City!

• oyster says:

As an added bonus, Avios were not taken away for the statement credits. So on the BAPP I got 150 Avios for an £80 net outlay.

• Saurabh says:

Hi,
    I used my Llyods Duo card to make a purchase – 2 separate transactions on 29th. They are reflected in the statement, but no credit applied. As someone mentioned, does it take close to 2 billing cycles?

• Rob says:

It is a lot slower on cards which are not issued directly by Amex, but definitely not 2 billing cycles.

• TimS says:

It might be worth sending them a secure message or giving them a call as I had an issue of the credit not posting on my Gold card.

It turned out that only 2 of the 3 transactions I’d done on 30th August had flagged up for the offer even though all 3 appeared on my account as confirmed. The third transaction was still showing as pending on 1st Sept and only moved to confirmed on 2nd Sept (with 30th August date) so I think it missed the automated system cut-off.

To give them credit, CS responded within 24 hours and posted the credit the next day once I had pointed out the 3rd transaction that took the spend over £100.

• Gavin says:

Registered a Amex issued by Barclaycard received the registration confirmation email and spent the required £100. But have yet to receive the £20 credit, yet my another issued Amex cards have all received the credit.

I have no idea who to contact, I’m not sure Barclaycard would have a clue about the offer?