Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

480 Avios for £10 with an Olly Murs CD ….

Tesco Direct has launched a new CD pre-order promotion.  This one is for the new album from Olly Murs, Never Been Better.

You will receive 200 bonus Clubcard points (480 Avios, 500 Virgin Flying Club miles) when you buy a copy for £10.  It will be delivered at the end of November.

Olly Murs Never Been Better

There is a snag with this deal.  Unlike most pre-order promotions, the points for the CD are not added to your account immediately.

The terms and conditions of the accompanying competition (you could meet Olly!) say:

“All customers who pre order the Olly Murs album will receive a bonus 200 Clubcard points. Clubcard points will not show up in a customer’s Clubcard account immediately upon purchase. These will be available prior to their next statement being issued in February 2015.”

This is frustrating, because you need to remember to keep an eye out on a statement which you won’t receive for three months.  That is extra paperwork I could do without.

Because of this rule, I would not risk ordering multiple copies of the CD.  If the points did not post and you had to ring up Customer Services to get them added on, there is a chance that they would refuse on the grounds that buying more than one broke Tesco rules on bulk buying.

It isn’t worth buying this CD purely for the points – at 2p per mile it is far too expensive.  However, if you know an Olly Murs fan then it might be worth picking one up and keeping it for Christmas.  The link to buy is here.

PS.  It may still be possible to get a grocery order placed for delivery or ‘click and collect’ on Monday – the last day – to earn 1,500 Clubcard points via this offer.

Comments (28)

• James67 says:

For those of you considering following up on Squills posts the hudl2 is getting decent reviews on one of the most comprehensive and objective tech web sites. OT, but for those of you wanting a higher end android tablet then you can haggle a good deal on galaxy tab s 10.5 with amoled screen at O2 stores if my experience was typical. I got an unlocked LTE version for £33 less than the RRP of wifi only model. It cane with a bunch of magazine, nowtv etc subscriptions included.

• FTPinguin says:

How did you do that then?

• James67 says:

It started with a discussion about priority moments offering £20 off at Currys or PC World compromising O2s own sales after I popped in to just have a look. The sales assistant then offered me discounts to take it that day but I said I was undecided over this or ipad air 16g wifi only which was appearing time to time for under £350. He then said best he could do was £386 which I would have happily settled for ut stuck my neck out for the priority moments discount to be applied at O2, his manager ok it so £366 all in. They didn’t even ask me to put any credit on the sim! It is thinner and lighter than ipad air, and has the versatility of expansion with memory card. Screen is much better than ipad air too and in direct comparison with a relatives ipad it has better battery life. Although I like android better than iOS I was seriously considering ipad air as apple has always been more accessible in my experience being visually impaired, however, I was surprized and delighted to learn that kitkat has not just equalled but surpassed iOS in this regard too. So, personally, I couldn’t be happier with both the deal and the tqblet.7

• FTPinguin says:

That sounds like a great deal you got. Thanks for the info and your opinion of the tablet – I’m thinking of getting one myself.

• James67 says:

You’re welcome. Good luck with it, it may be if O2 is having bother shifting them then you might even bettrr the deal. However, I have noticed in past with galaxy s phones the best price at O2 is soon after launch whereafter they raise prices and thry dont come back down significsntly again until a new launch is imminent.

• sqills says:

FANTASY GOLF AND F1 ARE BOTH IN ON RSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

POINTS BONANZA!!!!!!

• Adam says:

I entered the fantasy golf game and had an email from RSH about my team but since then not had any emails from them and if i try to sign in to the account where the game was entered it does not recognise my email address?
    When i manage to login into this account, where are the points earnt from the game, are they under e-vouchers section?
    Thx

• TimS says:

The golf points were credited to people’s RSH accounts on 20th October and will appear on the “Loyalty” page of your RSH account.