To be honest, my enthusiasm to spend New Years Eve watching the London fireworks display is not huge. However, it is a very popular event.
Tickets for the 2015 event are now available and, as of 10pm last night when I last checked, there are some left. The price is £10 per person and you can buy a maximum of four. The London Assembly website for buying tickets is here.
Of course, once you’ve watched the fireworks, you will need somewhere to stay.
I took a quick look at the major hotel chains and was surprised to find some decent availability left.
Hilton.com has the following hotels available at standard point rates in the city centre:
- Hilton Green Park (60,000 points)
- Hilton London Euston (50,000 points)
- Hilton London Paddington (60,000 points)
- Conrad London St James (80,000 points)
- DoubleTree Tower of London (50,000 points)
- DoubleTree Hyde Park (50,000 points)
IHG.com was showing:
- InterContinental London Park Lane (50,000 points – the no-brainer choice)
- Holiday Inn Express Southwark (35,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Regents Park (35,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Bloomsbury (35,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Kings Cross (35,000 points)
- Holiday Inn Kensington Forum (35,000 points)
- Hotel Indigo Paddington (45,000 points)
Frankly, a reward night at the InterContinental Park Lane after a hassle-free ticketed visit to the official fireworks does not seem a bad way of starting 2016.
(Want to earn more hotel points? To see our complete list of promotions from the major chains, click here to visit our ‘Hotel Promos’ page or use the link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)